1. There seems to be an implication that this sort of situation tends to occur among women, which is totally untrue. If this occurs, it occurs equallly or more among men too. Men tend to be more narciists than wemen aree.
2. The vwey notion (or presumption) that this "status symbol" type idea exists is exactly the proof that we all are taken in by Aple marketing to hype up the "high end" status (thus justifying what I think is unduly high price of everything Apple put out in the market. But what" high end"? What is it?
3. This played into Apple's hand to create that high end image and justify their over pricing, which I am sure continues. This will only help Apple continuing their strategy to exploit loyal Apple folowers (captive market) who are totally trapped in their closed ecosystem. I know you know that. But it is hard to get out of it, and that's exactly what Apple has planned. They know it.
4. Don't take me wrong please I have been a loyal Apple fan boy for a loooong time and still am. But I am feeling lately that Apple has changed quite some time ago. Overpricing is not new. I observed it even in Jobs'era. But I could justify their high price, as Apple products pleaased consumers.
5. I transformed myself from a blind Apple fanboy to a "thinking consumer"
I know I am just reacting to this "high (i.e., over) priced) items are somehow something to show off. I will continue to buy iPhone and other Apple products. I am too trappeed deep into the close garden.
I hope Apple eeplace the money mongering top with forward thiniking genuius and resotre lost mojo of yesteryears. I am prepared to pay any money for excellent products, no outrageous repair cost, no user-"unaccesible" sealed box and on and on.
My apologies if I offended anyone.
Duck and hide!