Why the assumption that she was better than everyone?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You could very well be right. I've made it clear that I do not know the answer, but in an attempt to understand, I listed 5 possible reasons, based on my observations, and one unknown.
I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be critical. I just wasn't sure of the purpose. Knowing that it was an actual situation now, I will stick to my original answer that it had nothing to do with the phone. If it did, I feel sorry for all of them. That's pathetic. Actually, regardless of the reason, it's pathetic. People can be pretty shallow though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be critical. I just wasn't sure of the purpose.
There's nothing to apologize for. I didn't take it negatively, sir.
Knowing that it was an actual situation now, I will stick to my original answer that it had nothing to do with the phone. If it did, I feel sorry for all of them. That's pathetic. Actually, regardless of the reason, it's pathetic. People can be pretty shallow though.
No doubt about it...

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
#4 all the way!!! I only have a couple of women friends because many women are overly emotional & take things way too personally. I just can’t be bothered with that mess!

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Same. Never heard someone mock another based on phone. There is usually another reason.
I must live a sheltered life because I’ve literally never seen anyone in public openly chastise another over their phone choice. Hell, nobody around here really pays that much attention. Is it really that bad out there? Lol. This scenario sounds wild. Even more so if it was literally just about a cell phone choice.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
#4 Women are trifling! I thought as I aged people would act better but nope just the same like HS sometimes worse.

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
It had nothing to do with the iPhone X.

1. Her nails were done beautifully.
2 Probably a head turning or what I like to call breaking necks type of woman.
3. She was skinnier than them.
4. Her outfit screamed “Biotches”.
5. Hair looking like she just came fresh out of a salon .
6-100000. Sorry, I just don’t have that much time to write all of it down .

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
No offense but I think the post is irrelevant to the forum. As for me, my life is not defined by what people think about me or say behind my back. Don't like my phone, look somewhere else!

Sent from my K88 using iMore Forums mobile app

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Well, they were clearly jealous by the superiority of her phone versus theirs.

And they most probably mixed up their pills, that morning.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
No offense but I think the post is irrelevant to the forum. As for me, my life is not defined by what people think about me or say behind my back. Don't like my phone, look somewhere else!

Sent from my K88 using iMore Forums mobile app

I too find the OP post as an odd one and probably not meant for this exact forum but what do I know. What I do know is that people are weird and crazy, men and women both. I try my best to avoid them as much as possible lol.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
1. There seems to be an implication that this sort of situation tends to occur among women, which is totally untrue. If this occurs, it occurs equallly or more among men too. Men tend to be more narciists than wemen aree.

2. The vwey notion (or presumption) that this "status symbol" type idea exists is exactly the proof that we all are taken in by Aple marketing to hype up the "high end" status (thus justifying what I think is unduly high price of everything Apple put out in the market. But what" high end"? What is it?

3. This played into Apple's hand to create that high end image and justify their over pricing, which I am sure continues. This will only help Apple continuing their strategy to exploit loyal Apple folowers (captive market) who are totally trapped in their closed ecosystem. I know you know that. But it is hard to get out of it, and that's exactly what Apple has planned. They know it.

4. Don't take me wrong please I have been a loyal Apple fan boy for a loooong time and still am. But I am feeling lately that Apple has changed quite some time ago. Overpricing is not new. I observed it even in Jobs'era. But I could justify their high price, as Apple products pleaased consumers.

5. I transformed myself from a blind Apple fanboy to a "thinking consumer" :).

I know I am just reacting to this "high (i.e., over) priced) items are somehow something to show off. I will continue to buy iPhone and other Apple products. I am too trappeed deep into the close garden.
I hope Apple eeplace the money mongering top with forward thiniking genuius and resotre lost mojo of yesteryears. I am prepared to pay any money for excellent products, no outrageous repair cost, no user-"unaccesible" sealed box and on and on.
My apologies if I offended anyone.

Duck and hide!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox