Why the assumption that she was better than everyone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. There seems to be an implication that this sort of situation tends to occur among women, which is totally untrue. If this occurs, it occurs equallly or more among men too. Men tend to be more narciists than wemen aree.
This was an incident that happened to feature women. If it had been men, I would've still created the thread.

2. The vwey notion (or presumption) that this "status symbol" type idea exists is exactly the proof that we all are taken in by Aple marketing to hype up the "high end" status (thus justifying what I think is unduly high price of everything Apple put out in the market. But what" high end"? What is it?
YOU've presumed that this is a "status symbol" type idea. Not me. I simply provided possible reasons to choose from.

3. This played into Apple's hand to create that high end image and justify their over pricing, which I am sure continues. This will only help Apple continuing their strategy to exploit loyal Apple folowers (captive market) who are totally trapped in their closed ecosystem. I know you know that. But it is hard to get out of it, and that's exactly what Apple has planned. They know it.
In regarding to it being difficult to get out of Apple's ecosystem, I'm not one of the people who feels that way. Having said that, would it be less difficult for someone who has devoted just as much into the Android ecosystem?

4. Don't take me wrong please I have been a loyal Apple fan boy for a loooong time and still am. But I am feeling lately that Apple has changed quite some time ago. Overpricing is not new. I observed it even in Jobs'era. But I could justify their high price, as Apple products pleaased consumers.
You do realize that A good deal of Apple's customers are still pleased, right?

5. I transformed myself from a blind Apple fanboy to a "thinking consumer" :).
Are you assuming the rest of us are blind Apple Fans? If so, why?

I know I am just reacting to this "high (i.e., over) priced) items are somehow something to show off. I will continue to buy iPhone and other Apple products. I am too trappeed deep into the close garden.
You are not "trapped". If you wanted to, you could make the adjustment with another ecosystem just like the anyone else.
I hope Apple eeplace the money mongering top with forward thiniking genuius and resotre lost mojo of yesteryears. I am prepared to pay any money for excellent products, no outrageous repair cost, no user-"unaccesible" sealed box and on and on.
. This is not Steve Job's Apple anymore. This is Tim Cook's Apple.
My apologies if I offended anyone.

Duck and hide!
This was an excellent post...:cool:

Itsa_Me_Mario

Aug 28, 2018
Visit site
It's definitely 6. The first 5 answers are insipid without unless there is a whole lot of additional information to back them up. Making negative assumptions about the motivations of others is almost always misguided. Simple logic and basic psychology allow us to eliminate 2, 3, 4 and 5 out of hand - none of those would have any probability of outweighing nonverbal queues that may have caused the initial "staring" and the staring cannot be discounted as part of the explanation of the comment. 1 is incredibly unlikely on the same grounds, because it takes place subsequent to the staring. The initial disagreement took place prior to that comment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2