Sounds when docking iPhone help

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an ihome alarm clock to dock my iPhone on at night. I haven't been using it for docking because I realized the phone is silenced when docked. I need to be able to hear text alerts. I also have one of those little "docks" that I took on vacation - put the phone alarm clock app on and used it as a clock/alarm. Good thing I woke up when the alarm was "suppose" to go off.... The screen showed the alarm going off but no sound. As I took it off the dock it sounded the alarm.
Has anyone found a dock that doesn't silence the phone? Or is it a setting I'm missing on the phone itself?!

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I also use an iHome product. You have to just make sure it is set on iPod mode and all your sounds should come through...

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'll check the ihome when I get home from vacation for iPod mode... But it's doing it with the simple dock as well... Did it with my iphone4 as well so I don't think it's a problem with the phone? Unless there's a setting that I can't find? The phone will ring - but will not make text tones or alarm tones. It vibrates only for these.

atlawson

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The way I fixed this problem was to make a silent mp3 and use it as a song to play and it tricks the dock into thinking it is playing sound and then the notifications will work and play through the dock speakers. I set mine up to replay the silent sound file.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4