New watch question

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I got my new watch series 9 yesterday. Does anyone know how to keep the weather on the Apple Watch face, for some reason it seems to only work when I turn it on and off along with my phoneIMG_5606.JPGIMG_5608.JPGIMG_5607.JPG

also, when I turned off my watch for the first time to test out the weather it gave me a pinkish screen as it was turning off but it hasn’t gave me one since. I was wondering if that was OK or somewhat normal

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I got my new watch series 9 yesterday. Does anyone know how to keep the weather on the Apple Watch face, for some reason it seems to only work when I turn it on and off along with my phoneView attachment 133114View attachment 133116View attachment 133115

also, when I turned off my watch for the first time to test out the weather it gave me a pinkish screen as it was turning off but it hasn’t gave me one since. I was wondering if that was OK or somewhat normal
For the weather widget, that seems to be a software defect (or low GPS signal on the watch). It won’t show up if the watch is passcode locked however (by design).

On a Series 5, it works properly, so it could be something that’s specific to the Series 9.

IMG_3825.jpeg

For the screen colour, no idea.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Assuming it’s Apple’s weather app, it’s working ok on the series 8:

594186c72929f87ec1d01573a35cc72d.jpg

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I find it to be extremely odd because it works on the iPhone but when you say where am I on the Apple Watch it gives me my address. when you say what’s the weather on my iPhone it gives me the weather in my city but not on my watch IMG_5612.JPGIMG_5611.JPG

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I ended up calling Apple support and they ended up having to escalate it and they called me within less than a second and had me uninstall/reinstall the “Weather” app. it now matches. Hopefully I’ll stay that way because it was fine last night when I restarted both but this morning for some reason it lost its connection

Reactions: EdwinG

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It’s great that Apple could
I ended up calling Apple support and they ended up having to escalate it and they called me within less than a second and had me uninstall/reinstall the “Weather” app. it now matches. Hopefully I’ll stay that way because it was fine last night when I restarted both but this morning for some reason it lost its connection
help.

Reactions: Chris Cook5

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I got my new watch series 9 yesterday. Does anyone know how to keep the weather on the Apple Watch face, for some reason it seems to only work when I turn it on and off along with my phone

Frankly, I would change the default city to "Current Location" rather than specify a location.

That said: unless I have no connectivity, the temperature complication on my watch always shows a temp.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you’re running watchOS 10 or 10.0.1 then you’re experiencing a bug according to a report from a different tech site.

Reactions: Chris Cook5

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I got my new watch series 9 yesterday. Does anyone know how to keep the weather on the Apple Watch face, for some reason it seems to only work when I turn it on and off along with my phone

Ok, apparently there is a bug in watchOS 10 with the weather complication. It's not affecting everyone. There is a workaround that should work: go into Watch app / Clock and toggle 24 hour time on, wait a few seconds, and then back toggle it back off.

See https://9to5mac.com/2023/09/25/watchos-10-weather-bug/

Reactions: Chris Cook5 and FFR

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The funny thing is I think my weather temperature on my watch face is fixed and matches since I downloaded 10.0.2. When I ask Siri what’s the weather on my Apple Watch it says something went wrong but when I ask on my phone it gives me the answer

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
OK, I’ve been trying to deal with this since series 9 came out. My Weather complication seems to be fixed but the problem now is when you ask Siri “what’s the weather” it says something went wrong but when you ask what’s the weather tomorrow it gives it to you. Apple Support has tried everything they know how to try even senior raps. they made me an appointment at my local Apple Store for Friday to see if they can replace it diagnose further. I just wanted to see what you guys think because it does sound like a software problem why don’t you think Apple them self knows or is it more than they seem to think? it still gives you the problem even when you unpair it/pair it back even as new

View attachment 133154View attachment 133155View attachment 133156

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77