Question about Shortcuts...is this possible?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Never really used Shortcuts much, but with the new action button on the 15 Pro's I'm hoping I can do something specific with it. I decided to set the action button to open the camera by default, but I put the phone on a magsafe charger at night and since I have a different work schedule and slightly different bedtime most nights from my wife I used to hit the mute switch first on my last phone before dropping it on so it didn't do the magsafe "ding". Wondering if there's a way to create a shortcut that can change the function of the action button depending on the Focus state of the phone. So for instance during "Sleep" focus the button turns into a mute switch and then when there's no focus state like after waking up it can revert to opening the camera? If this is possible is it then possible to link that shortcut to the focus state so it activates automatically?

I'm guessing this is probably too advanced for Shortcuts but figured I'd check and see if those that do some crazy stuff with them might know.

edit: Just to make it a little more clear, the end functionality I"m look for is this......
1. Sleep Focus activates automatically as usual but then turns the action button to a mute switch
2. I can press/hold to mute, put phone on magsafe dock, press/hold button to turn mute off so alarms etc will run
3. In the morning Sleep Focus ends and the button reverts to the Open Camera state.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
You won’t be able to change the Action button’s action, but you can make a shortcut look at what focus mode is active, and run actions based on that:

IMG_0719.jpeg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ok thanks. Guess I'll have to decide if I want to just change the button back to a mute button. If there was a sound setting to just not play a sound when connecting to a charger that would be the perfect solution but I couldn't find anything like that in the sound or battery settings.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’ll rephrase my previous post a little.

While you can’t change the action button behaviour itself, you can create a shortcut that does what you want it to do based on the active Focus mode.

it would look something like this:
IMG_0720.jpeg

I have published the above shortcut here:

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

While you can’t change the action button behaviour itself, you can create a shortcut that does what you want it to do based on the active Focus mode.

View attachment 133136

Thanks so much! That's perfect! I'll probably try to set it up manually following that pic so I can learn how these type of " more advanced" shortcuts work

Reactions: EdwinG

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 133136

How did you find the Toggle action? I can’t seem to find that? 99% sure it’s a noob error though but trying to do it myself before giving up and using your link lol

Edit: never mind I figured it out had to search for silent mode not toggle

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
How did you find the Toggle action? I can’t seem to find that? 99% sure it’s a noob error though but trying to do it myself before giving up and using your link lol

Edit: never mind I figured it out had to search for silent mode not toggle
Sorry, I just saw your reply as unread.

You’re correct, you need to search for Silent Mode. Then you need to tap on the first highlighted word to set it to “Toggle”.

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce it on my phone because it is unsupported on my device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77