Please help improve iMessage

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
You can compress videos, rather than trim them.

Compress the video, might as well not send it. With 4G and 5G speeds compressing videos and pictures should be long gone. Carriers want to brag about high speeds and unlimited data but yet they want to restrict texting options.

I would be all for Whatsapp but texting is the common built in stock app for all phones. Apple was smart enough to do iMessage and incorporate regular texting in the app. Android waited for the carriers to do it and that's why they fell behind in the texting arena. Google is changing that with Google messages but unlike apple having only one text app Android has several. That's the only reason I would want Android RCS users to have a blue bubble so iphone users know they can send them videos, otherwise color don't matter to me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Compress the video, might as well not send it. With 4G and 5G speeds compressing videos and pictures should be long gone. Carriers want to brag about high speeds and unlimited data but yet they want to restrict texting options.

I would be all for Whatsapp but texting is the common built in stock app for all phones. Apple was smart enough to do iMessage and incorporate regular texting in the app. Android waited for the carriers to do it and that's why they fell behind in the texting arena. Google is changing that with Google messages but unlike apple having only one text app Android has several. That's the only reason I would want Android RCS users to have a blue bubble so iphone users know they can send them videos, otherwise color don't matter to me.

I've done it several times to send in Facebook Messenger. Have not noticed any loss of quality. I probably wouldn't do anything important. At that time, I simply emailed the video to myself. Then saved it. That compressed it. It has improved from what it used to be. At least it has in iMessage.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
That's the only reason I would want Android RCS users to have a blue bubble so iphone users know they can send them videos, otherwise color don't matter to me.
We already know that won't be happening - threads with RCS recipients will show messages that you send as green bubbles. (Received messages never have a color FWIW.)

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
We already know that won't be happening - threads with RCS recipients will show messages that you send as green bubbles. (Received messages never have a color FWIW.)

Oh I know all to well that apple thinks their blue bubbles are the bomb and there's something special about it. I could care less about the color, it doesn't make me superior. It would just be nice for users, including iphone users, if you knew who could support receiving videos and such, that's the only thing blue is of value now.

Apples biggest reason for using blue bubbles for other iMessage users is so the users would know they are texting a "safe" connection. Wouldn't that send the same message sending to RCS? Leave it green, blue, pink, I don't care just let us know, could be green, just say RCS in the text box. I hope they at least have "RCS" In the text box. Have you heard if they intend on doing something to identify RCS?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Apples biggest reason for using blue bubbles for other iMessage users is so the users would know they are texting a "safe" connection. Wouldn't that send the same message sending to RCS?
No. iMessage are end-to-end encrypted, RCS messages will be just like SMS and MMS - no encryption. At least until the GSM association adopts an encryption standard. (Apple says that they want to work with them to do so. Google has a proprietary encryption protocol with their implementation of RCS in Android, but Apple will not be using it.)

Have you heard if they intend on doing something to identify RCS?
Well, things like tap-backs and typing indicators will be available. But really I am sure that Apple will be announcing a lot more about this during WWDC in June.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I am pleased about the no send pictures in iMessage, it stops the two of my kids who have children sending endless photo's of their horrible insanitary offspring !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77