Question New iPhone Pro Max Speaker Volume

jenson42

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
I noticed that the iPhone 15 seems to ship with a phone call loudspeaker sound set at max. I've had two now, and when making a first call on each and putting on speaker, it was per set at max loud volume.

It was a little annoying, but it led me to wonder if a call or music at max volume would harm the speakers. I can only assume that Apple has thought of that and made sure it operates within safe limits, but the internet seems to think you can damage them. Wondering what you folks think?

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I am sure Apple would not create the ability to play a higher volume sound than its devices could withstand.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple puts a limit on volume. You're not going to hurt the phone's speakers. I'm hearing impaired, and keep my volume up all the way. Been that way since my first iPhone in 2012. No problems. I could actually use more volume than the output my 14 Pro Max offers. I'm sure the speakers could handle more, but not sure how much more.

DragelinaEt

Feb 28, 2024
Visit site
I noticed that the iPhone 15 seems to ship with a phone call loudspeaker sound set at max. I've had two now, and when making a first call on each and putting on speaker, it was per set at max loud volume.

It was a little annoying, but it led me to wonder if a call or music at max volume would harm the speakers. I can only assume that Apple has thought of that and made sure it operates within safe limits, but the internet seems to think you can damage them. Wondering what you folks think?

I highly doubt that this could affect the dynamics. I lower the volume for calls, but when it comes to youtube, I always listen at maximum and haven't noticed any problems after several months.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77