no text and some app notifications

11B1P

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I've changed a setting somewhere, but when the phone screen is off, text tone notifications and app notifications do not come through. If the screen is unlocked and open, I get the tone notifications no problem. I have discovered it is my watch that is causing the issue. If I turn my watch off, notifications on the phone work just fine.

Any suggestions for out of the ordinary items to check? I think I've looked at every setting I can find. TIA

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I don't know if I've changed a setting somewhere, but when the phone screen is off, text tone notifications and app notifications do not come through. If the screen is unlocked and open, I get the tone notifications no problem. I have discovered it is my watch that is causing the issue. If I turn my watch off, notifications on the phone work just fine.

Any suggestions for out of the ordinary items to check? I think I've looked at every setting I can find. TIA
That is normal behaviour. Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone is unlocked, you get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

11B1P

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I had a sneaky suspicion that was going to be the case. I just got back from the Verizon store and we confirmed what ya'll said.

I'm coming from Android, where my phone alerted me at the same time my watch did.

Now to decide if I can live with it or go back to Android.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Fwiw, you can turn Apple Watch notifications off (on the Watch app, Notifications, turn off Mirror the iPhone and then turn notifications off for the app you want to go to the phone - for example, Messages.)

11B1P

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Fwiw, you can turn Apple Watch notifications off (on the Watch app, Notifications, turn off Mirror the iPhone and then turn notifications off for the app you want to go to the phone - for example, Messages.)
Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like that defeats a main function of the watch. I've turned on sounds on the watch to help alert me to notifications.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77