Cant update to ios 6, error itunes 3194

Mokeybullhorn8

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
So about when the ipod touch 4g first released, i purchased it. It was on fw 4.3.1 which it is currently in. The reason why its like this is because I had jail broken the ipod and a month later the home button broke. This was about a yr ago. Suddenly the ipod has turned into a piece of garbaje with the jb and ios 4. no app will work or download due to it saying update. I go to use internet and it kicks me out. It kicks me out of everything by force close/. Nothing works so I was like I'll update it to Ios 6.3.1 or whatever the latest one was. I downloaded the ipsw manually to my desktop and hit restore on itunes and got an error of 3194. So i googled it and after 2 days of like a hundred attempts i need some real help. From the google I learned to delete the apple files and some tutorials said add them. Well initially I had no hosts file with anything apple associated so i deleted them and it still would not work. I actually took the hosts file from another computer and copied them to my desktop and still wouldnt work. After this I tried to use greenpoision to make a custom dfu to get into dfu mode so i could actually restore from tiny umbrella. Well when i tri to make a custom ipsw, itunes gives the same error 3194. So i removed mobile something from cydia and removed cydia installer. A tutorial claimed that by doing this I basically removed the jailbreak. Well I went back to itunes and guess what ? same error !! how can i fix this. i tried on several computers and some thing. I'm on windows 7 and even tried on mac. any suggestions at all ??? I have updated itunes to most updated version as well. Right now ipod is useless without jailbreak because hom button is broken and with the jb i used activator.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Your best bet is to get into DFU mode. The latest redsn0w can do this, but it requires a restore (which you seem to have trouble with). If you can. get the button fixed.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
While you've already got the best help around (nod to Laelipoo), I've moved this to the jailbreak forum in case anyone else has any other thoughts.