AT&T Wifi Calling work with Verizon model iPhone 7?

blackcats

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm looking at making the switch to iPhone and am interested in getting the Verizon model iPhone 7 on the iPhone upgrade program.

I would like to use it on AT&T's network and would like to know if I can use AT&T's wifi calling and VoLTE features if I have the Verizon model iPhone?

Can anyone confirm this for me? I don't have very good cell service where I live from any carrier so I'll be dependent on wifi calling for service from my house.

Tags: toyota vios 2017, hd700 đồng v?ng

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wifi calling should work just fine on AT&T as long as you have the phone registered on AT&T's network.

Is there a reason you specifically want the Verizon model? If you're purchasing a Verizon iPhone through the iPhone Upgrade Program you will be required to register it on Verizon's network before you leave the Apple Store. It just seems like a lot of work considering they carry an official AT&T version as well.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Wifi calling should work just fine on AT&T as long as you have the phone registered on AT&T's network.

Is there a reason you specifically want the Verizon model? If you're purchasing a Verizon iPhone through the iPhone Upgrade Program you will be required to register it on Verizon's network before you leave the Apple Store. It just seems like a lot of work considering they carry an official AT&T version as well.

Probably because the Verizon version is unlocked and supports extra bands. A lot of people tend to go for this version because of this.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Probably because the Verizon version is unlocked and supports extra bands. A lot of people tend to go for this version because of this.

It's understandable that someone would want the version that's compatible on both GSM and CDMA networks but OP seems to be going through a lot of trouble for it when he's on a GSM network (AT&T) anyway.
By the way, all phones purchased through iPhone Upgrade Program come unlocked regardless of the carrier.