Also, themes will be built in options as of Bite 6.3.
    can this be achieved with the beta version?
    06-26-2012 09:48 AM
    can this be achieved with the beta version?
    On the bitesms forums, it looks like themes are possible with the beta, but theming QR/QC windows still looks like it is yet to be implemented (based on the beta 6 release note). Martin indicated they hope to finalize 6.3 within a couple weeks. I would hope QR/QC window theming would be included in that general release.
    BLiNK likes this.
    06-26-2012 10:17 AM
    Right--theming is in the beta but not for QC/QR. Martin said it will be ready for the 6.3 stable release, coming soon.
    06-26-2012 12:34 PM
    Well, theming is currently quite possible, like I said, and am! (soon will be)
    There is already a QC/QR plist that you can edit to change all font colors and sizes, and by using winter board you can theme the pop ups as well! I'm sure I've posted pictures before, but I will again soon.
    Currently I'm not themed because I recently downgraded to 5.0.1 and I'm
    Not fully set up yet.
    06-26-2012 01:04 PM
    Right--theming is in the beta but not for QC/QR. Martin said it will be ready for the 6.3 stable release, coming soon.
    that's funny.. the QC & QR would be the only areas i'd want to theme

this will be achieved without winterboard hopefully?
    06-26-2012 01:19 PM
    that's funny.. the QC & QR would be the only areas i'd want to theme

this will be achieved without winterboard hopefully?
    Haha, that's what everyone wants so of course it's last on Martin's list... And yes, no WB needed!
    06-26-2012 02:25 PM
    My current QC
    06-26-2012 06:35 PM
    There is already a QC/QR plist that you can edit to change all font colors and sizes
    mind sharing the path(s) to this?
    06-27-2012 03:18 PM
    mind sharing the path(s) to this?
    Have a look here: http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/1/topics/4778
    BLiNK likes this.
    06-28-2012 01:22 AM
    i went to the bite beta and some of the themes look pretty cool. i hope the QC/QR look the same
    06-28-2012 01:52 AM
    could you guys possibly guide me through the process of changing the qr/qc color like 3cit did? would greatly appreciate it
    06-28-2012 07:44 PM
    Or perhaps point one in the direction of a tutorial? I am a nOOb and learning as I go with the 4s.
    06-28-2012 07:53 PM
    Well honestly, with beta 6.3.6 releasing soon, it might not be worth it! You need to go to var/user/caches and find all the "bsbg******.png files and then replace them with the appropriate "colored" files
    Like I have.
    Only trouble is, those Ike's are self producing sonic you get a text from someone that ends up with a different size than you have already created, you will get an unthemed popup!! There apparently are infinite possibilities!! Not really infinite but I have 58 different files and instill end up with unthemed loops now and again!!! I'd say be patient for a few days and the qc/we will be easily themeable....
    I hope!!!
    06-28-2012 11:42 PM
    well thank you for the reply! greatly appreciated
    06-29-2012 11:24 PM
    If only biteSMS, when run on the ipad, had the same interface as iMessages, id use it all the time. Surprised it has not been updated to look more like an ipad app rather than a fullscreen iphone app
    07-03-2012 10:55 AM
    Update to the beta is out nowlots of changes for iPad users, but QC/QR theming has (of course) been pushed back to the next beta update.
    07-05-2012 08:49 AM
    I must admit,I tried to love Messages+,but Bite has stolen my messaging heart & I can't go leave lol. I prefer the options Bite provides,& the QC/QR is very nice & even better? I can lock up everything so no one can see anything. I've got a little sister. It's a lifesaver-___-
    07-08-2012 05:10 PM
    I must admit,I tried to love Messages+,but Bite has stolen my messaging heart & I can't go leave lol. I prefer the options Bite provides,& the QC/QR is very nice & even better? I can lock up everything so no one can see anything. I've got a little sister. It's a lifesaver-___-
    mind sharing your method? i have tried one way but like to see if there might be something better
    07-08-2012 06:14 PM
    mind sharing your method? i have tried one way but like to see if there might be something better
    Locking up everything?
    07-09-2012 01:59 PM
    Locking up everything?
    if i try to hide natively then i get the second alert as soon as i unlock the LS. lame

a while back this could be done within bite and all i did was tap the statusbar icon to bring up my list
    07-09-2012 02:34 PM
    What happens if you set the alert style to None? Or are you still wanting banners if a message arrives while unlocked?
    07-09-2012 06:28 PM
    yeah i do like the banners. looks like popup blocker might be in order here
    07-09-2012 10:36 PM
    yeah i do like the banners. looks like popup blocker might be in order here
    So you want no alerts when phone is locked, but icon bubble to still show when unlocked? Also, whenever you unlock, you get message popup alerts of missed messages???? That right?
    07-10-2012 04:44 AM
    So you want no alerts when phone is locked, but icon bubble to still show when unlocked? Also, whenever you unlock, you get message popup alerts of missed messages???? That right?
    yes, that is correct
    07-10-2012 09:26 AM
    yes, that is correct
    Idk if that is even possible lol. The way I have mine set up is that I receive iOS banners,but I turned the message preview off so all it says on the banner is "[contact name] Message"
    I click on it,& it brings up quick reply. I then have to put in a pass code to see the message.
    Does this method appeal to you at all?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    07-10-2012 05:23 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD