Android vs iPhone 15

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I’m seeing a lot of longtime android users switching to an iPhone 15 Pro Max all over social media, X formally Twitter, YouTube, other Apple, android, automotive; and maritime specific forums, as well as in real life.

Any long term android users recently transitioned to an iPhone 15 series and care to share your impressions and or reasons behind the move.

Reactions: 11B1P

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
There really is no competition between the new iPhone 15 pro max and android.

The 3nm a17 pro just slaughters the competition

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I switch back and fourth all the time but this time I am done picked up. 13 pro reconditioned from apple and couldn’t be happier.

Reactions: Annie_M

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have always had both Android phones and Iphones. I always see value in being in both ecosystems and have apps and movies and books bought in both. That said, I think there's a place for both in this world. Some people just want the simple clean experience in iPhones but others might want the customizability of Android phones. It's just to each their own.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Back in “the day”, I had several Android devices from several manufacturers. I loved the customization that Android has and I really miss Nova Launcher. My biggest issue with Android was there were sooooo many different devices that when an update was available, there would be issues with at least one of my devices. And when an update came out to fix that issue, it would break something else on another device.

So after being on Android since the HTC Hero, I jumped on the Apple train with the 7S+ and been in Apple ever since.

Yes, there is room for both in this world. What it comes down to is what you want it to do.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
While there might be room in the market for Android devices under 400 dollars…..Over 400 dollars and it’s basically iPhones.

6780b860afe9a7710a09e81071e81c00.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems android is getting crushed by the iPhone in the US, not just the premium space, but smartphones in general.

67c58289d44c43f3a262a47ccacce683.png

f8baf035ea1a1b4a461a9197e6c51914.png

Article if anyone is interested:

Kids these days are trying to emulate the people they see on TV and on social media. They truly believe and expect to purchase a Mercedes G-Wagon when they graduate from high school. They seem to want whatever will associate their image with wealth and success, and the iPhone fits the bill.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Kids these days are trying to emulate the people they see on TV and on social media. They truly believe and expect to purchase a Mercedes G-Wagon when they graduate from high school. They seem to want whatever will associate their image with wealth and success, and the iPhone fits the bill.

I believe you current assessment is accurate.

The iPhone is certainly more affordable than the G-Wagen. So are other android flagships especially with their inflated trade ins, discounts, and promotions that are killing androids profits. Yet teens and consumers are not interested in anything but Apple and iPhones in the United States. Bear in mind the US is the largest and most profitable market for smartphones due to the large population and carrier promotions subsidizing the price of flagship phones.

The flagship android marketshare is already at an all time low. This might be the death knell for flagship android devices.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I used to switch between Android and iPhone but finally committed to the iPhone and Mac OS and never looked back. The integration between my iPhone and my Mac desktop is second to none.

I did finally pull the trigger and bought an iPhone 15 Pro today and I am liking the device.

Reactions: Annie_M and grover5

11B1P

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
iPhone os is super easy to use much better then android is.
Well, I wouldn't say that. I was hoping you had some specific examples.

That being said, I picked up the 15 Plus last Friday morning. Not being a stranger to iOS, but so far I've seen iOS does some things better than android and android does some things better than iOS.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't say that. I was hoping you had some specific examples.

That being said, I picked up the 15 Plus last Friday morning. Not being a stranger to iOS, but so far I've seen iOS does some things better than android and android does some things better than iOS.

The thing about apple is they just work period! I have much less issues with an iPhone than any android device.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The thing about apple is they just work period! I have much less issues with an iPhone than any android device.
My Androids worked really well. There was nothing about Android that pushed me to iOS. I think it was move of a convenience being compatible with my wife and son who are on iOS. It is definately a change in how the os handles things on the phone.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the latest and greatest android and they still had issues not this iPhone it’s perfect. I also prefer android so go figure.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77