What phone did you have before your iPhone?

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
BlackBerry 8520 (until Yahoo! pulled its sync support to RIM) and prior to that, a trusty old Motorola T720 clamshell and a Palm TX!

ja29#AC

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I had a droid x, droid incredible, Samsung fascinate, droid 2 global, and then a galaxy nexus before I bought my iPhone 4s. I've never been happier with my iPhone. It's nice to have a phone that just works.

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Nexus S 4G, which was probably the most disappointing handset I've ever owned. Prior to that I owned a good 4-5 Android Phones.....which after a while started acting up in someway shape or form. Much happier with my iPhone

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I owned several Android devices. Most recently the Droid Bionic, which was probably Verizon's most disappointing device since the Thunderbolt. But I gave up LTE for the iPhone. Can't wait for the next iPhone because I'm 100% sure it'll have LTE :)

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I had the HTC Evo and really enjoyed. I think it was the best device I ever owned. But recently it started showing its age and there was nothing else on sprint worth upgrading to. So I got the 4S.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I owned several Android devices. Most recently the Droid Bionic, which was probably Verizon's most disappointing device since the Thunderbolt. But I gave up LTE for the iPhone. Can't wait for the next iPhone because I'm 100% sure it'll have LTE :)

Well, LTE is more about coverage than phones.

I have an LTE Verizon MiFi card. Rarely see 4G service. Did see it this w/e. I was trying to download a movie. Hotel WiFi was so slow that I turned on the MIFi. For perhaps the first time, I saw 4G so I switched from hotel wifi to 4G MiFi. Before the movie was downloaded, I got an e-mail from Verizon that I had exceeded my data limits. May be the most expensive movie I have ever watched. To add insult to injury, the movie was available on the hotel PPV for only $7.95.

My 3G iPhone does show 4G when it is in a 4G service area. It has done so at least enough times for me to notice but not much more.

Let's face it, guys. EDGE is good enough for most emergencies and one is not likely to want to pay for those applications, like NetFlix, wheree the speed of LTE overcomes its latency.

In large part, because of the pricing of data, LTE will never compete with WiFi. Even the carriers understand this well enough to encourage us to prefer WiFi.

Let me give you an example. I live in the Tri-state ares. In order to complete with cellular, the cable ISPs have put WiFi access points in all of the populated areas, in villages and along thoroughfares. Use of this wireless is free to their subscribers. It is so much faster, cheaper, and unlimited that it overcomes the slight coverage advantage of cellular. It works so well that AT&T and Verizon are offering free WiFi to their subscribers, though their WiFi coverage is not, does not have to be, as good as the WiFi coverage of the cable companies.

WiFi is the future of data. While I will certainly buy an LTE iPhone when Apple tells me to, I am much more interested in a phone that swaps seamlessly between WiFi and cellular for both voice and data. Can everyone say "Skype?"

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
A blackberry bold 9650 an man it wasn't good to me it was great only problem was that it wasn't reliable.. crashed alot.... ive yet to have that happen with my IP4 :)

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry Bold 9650....LOVED that phone, but recent news and delay of BB10 caused me to rethink hanging around; thrilled with iPhone 4 so far....never thought I could love the touchscreen kb but its been super!!

Redbird1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy S II. Pure garbage.

1. Bluetooth never connected
2. Screen looked like a TV with the hue turned all the way up
3. Any non-Google email account only synced about 50% of the time
4. Battery cover popped-off way too easily

I could go on and on.

Sophos

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site