Upgrading to the iPhone 15, from which model?

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Upgrading from the iPhone 12 Pro Pacific Blue to the iPhone 15 Pro Max Natural Titanium. A little worried about the size difference but wanted the best camera.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well I upgraded from a 14 Pro Max to a 15 Pro Max. Tim Cook said the 15 Pro Max was 28 grams lighter than the 14 Pro Max. Personally I can't tell the difference. But then again 1 paper clip weighs 1 gram so if you pick up 28 paperclips that's the difference. :LOL::LOL::LOL: Other than that my WIFI data speed is about 400MB/s faster. I haven't checked it on cellular yet. The action button is a lot better than the switch for silencing the ringer. The transfer of my data from my backup on my Mac was very quick also.

The big surprise I had was that previously UPS wouldn't deliver the new iPhones on release day until 2 - 3 pm but I was surprised that mime showed up at 9:30.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Blue 13 Pro 256GB to Natural 15 Pro Max 512GB. Unless the 17 is some miraculously improved model though I'll probably be using the 15 for at least 3 years. If the 15 had not switched to USB-C I very likely would have waited until next year to see if they did it then. Almost everything except our phones can use USB-C and I've thought it was pretty ridiculous that every Apple charger I've gotten for a while now used USB-C but iPhone was still stuck with Lightning. I was all excited to try the ProRes stuff that the 13's debuted with, until it was pointed out that lightning is USB 2.0 and it would take "forever" to transfer a file of any decent length.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
13 Pro Max. Pre-ordered and got the 15 Pro Max on launch day (Fri). After 2 days I returned it, a Series 9 and AirPod Pro 2’s.

Just not enough difference and value over my 13 Pro Max, Series 4 watch and AirPod Pro 1s. Sadly I had to go through the motions to realize my silly mistake.

Also couldn’t stand the always-on of the new watches. Series 4 may have been the last with a screen that turns off.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
13 Pro Max. Pre-ordered and got the 15 Pro Max on launch day (Fri). After 2 days I returned it, a Series 9 and AirPod Pro 2’s.

Just not enough difference and value over my 13 Pro Max, Series 4 watch and AirPod Pro 1s. Sadly I had to go through the motions to realize my silly mistake.

Also couldn’t stand the always-on of the new watches. Series 4 may have been the last with a screen that turns off.

You can turn off the always on with the new watches. I have it turned off on my Series 9.

Reactions: FFR and Annie_M

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

What color iPhone 15 pro max did you return?

Asking for a friend

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Setting up my Natural Titanium Pro Max right now. It looks so much better in person than the pictures on Apple’s website.
It doesn’t seem much bigger than my 12 Pro

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Setting up my Natural Titanium Pro Max right now. It looks so much better in person than the pictures on Apple’s website.
It doesn’t seem much bigger than my 12 Pro

That slight blue tint over grey metal

giphy.gif

Reactions: rebretz000

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
That slight blue tint over grey metal

giphy.gif

I was hesitant to buy the Natural Titanium because of how it looked online but someone in another forum suggested going to look at an Apple Watch Ultra to get an idea of the color. So happy I bought the NT color. My wife got the White Titanium and it looks amazing as well.

Reactions: FFR

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

As others have said, that's an option that you can turn off. And the SE and SE2 also do not have the option to do AOD.

(I can't use a watch that doesn't have AOD myself.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77