Apple iPhone 15 series preorder, dispatch and pick up thread

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
One of the most chaotic pre orders in a long time

I preordered two units of the iPhone pro max, one blue titanium and one natural titanium.

be68eb42873e71d1ab865db1e6c5e007.png

912facaf1e99106577645fa2b9b7553a.png

Has anyone else pre-ordered or will pick up a new iPhone 15/ 15 plus/ 15 pro/ 15 pro max?

Reactions: ladyc0524

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm really hoping the delivery dates move up a bit. I was in finally 10 minutes after orders were supposed to go live, then had a string of "error" messages for 15 more minutes and Pro Max's were already first week of October (but it still said September 22nd until the order was finalized), but with all the issues going on and the time frame staying the same for like an hour after, maybe the system will catch up and move dates forward a bit. My wife had that happen a couple years ago where it moved up and only took about half as long as it was supposed to.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm really hoping the delivery dates move up a bit. I was in finally 10 minutes after orders were supposed to go live, then had a string of "error" messages for 15 more minutes and Pro Max's were already first week of October (but it still said September 22nd until the order was finalized), but with all the issues going on and the time frame staying the same for like an hour after, maybe the system will catch up and move dates forward a bit. My wife had that happen a couple years ago where it moved up and only took about half as long as it was supposed to.

Same here, when I was finally let into the app after 20 min it would error out at the iPhone trade in stage due to not wanting to trade in a phone, incredibly annoying .

Website worked though should have done that sooner .

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Had everything set up with service & trade in the day before pre-sale and had the phone pre-selected and in the bag: 15 Pro Max in Natural Titanium, 512gb. Got in first thing Friday morning when they opened late. Smooth and easy, no issues. Showing delivery date of Sept 22.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Same here, when I was finally let into the app after 20 min it would error out at the iPhone trade in stage due to not wanting to trade in a phone, incredibly annoying .

Website worked though should have done that sooner .

I’m now extra hopeful it’s coming sooner. Card just got charged and I know in the past that means it’s about to ship.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I’m now extra hopeful it’s coming sooner. Card just got charged and I know in the past that means it’s about to ship.

My account was just debited for Apple Watch 2 ultra, nothing for the iPhones yet, might try my luck at the Apple Store tomorrow.

Good luck, hope it arrives by tomorrow and if it does do post pictures.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
My account was just debited for Apple Watch 2 ultra, nothing for the iPhones yet, might try my luck at the Apple Store tomorrow.

Good luck, hope it arrives by tomorrow and if it does do post pictures.
Well, it's not going to arrive tomorrow but the store status has moved to shipped and I checked my UPS account this morning because it typically shows there looooong before I get tracking info from Apple. It's in there and in ZhengZhou China at the moment. I forget how long it typically takes from there, but store notification said by 28th. I'm guessing more like Monday or Tuesday next week.

edit: That's still far better than the October 4-9th date range I got stuck with last week though.

Reactions: Arkidelik

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's not going to arrive tomorrow but the store status has moved to shipped and I checked my UPS account this morning because it typically shows there looooong before I get tracking info from Apple. It's in there and in ZhengZhou China at the moment. I forget how long it typically takes from there, but store notification said by 28th. I'm guessing more like Monday or Tuesday next week.

edit: That's still far better than the October 4-9th date range I got stuck with last week though.

Definitely better than October.

Keep us posted 🫡

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, my wife's blue 15 Pro showed up today right on time. Stupid thing is refusing to activate and transfer the number on AT&T though. Don't know if their servers are just being hammered or the current esim is borked and we're going to have to call them or some junk. I swear this happens every time to her ugh. Sooooo frustrating.

Edit: Well she decided not to consult me first and about 20 minutes after I went back to my office (work stuff) she tried again and just told it to "continue setup" where it tells that you can just continue and try later to do the esim. In the middle of that process it popped up to activate again and it worked lol. Ugh so I guess I'll remember that for Monday when my Pro Max shows up supposedly.

Still don't know if it was an AT&T server issue or something with the setup flow. We even let the new phone update to 17.0.1 after the first try when it said it was needed to continue setup (using the transfer between phones with the blue swirly you scan with one phone).

That blue is nice, but suuuuuper dark. Darker than I expected. Glad I went Natural because blue was my second choice for mine. The weight difference between 15 Pro and 13 Pro is ridiculous. Feels like a standard iPhone with aluminum lol.

Last edited:

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I picked up my Blue Pro Max today at the Apple Store. I had no real issue with my eSIM but it did seem like servers were slammed, it seemed to take awhile for various steps to complete -- you'd push the button to progress and it would just sit there for 15 seconds before progressing to the next screen.

Coming from a 13 Pro, I notice a bit more weight but I'm not really feeling the difference in size -- maybe because up to 3 years ago I largely had the larger phones. I have noticed the rounded edge -- at least the rounded edge of the Spigen clear case I'm using -- and that may be part of why I'm not feeling the size.

I've spent most of the day setting up the phone, as I decided to set it up from scratch; I decided not to restore to try and "clean up" whatever trash I've collected over the last few years. I'm pretty happy with it, so far, but look forward to really using it and seeing what it will do.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Phone has arrived, pics later when I get it set up. Too bad it wasn't Friday last week, but it's far better than the initial Oct 4-9th I got stuck with after the pre-order error issues so I'll take it :D

Reactions: FFR and ladyc0524

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
One of the most chaotic pre orders in a long time

I preordered two units of the iPhone pro max, one blue titanium and one natural titanium.

be68eb42873e71d1ab865db1e6c5e007.png

912facaf1e99106577645fa2b9b7553a.png

Has anyone else pre-ordered or will pick up a new iPhone 15/ 15 plus/ 15 pro/ 15 pro max?

I slept in. Ordered around 11am PST for the blue pro Max and they still had some for launch day stock so I picked mine up on launch day at the Apple Store. I guess I avoided that early morning mess.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Phone has arrived, pics later when I get it set up. Too bad it wasn't Friday last week, but it's far better than the initial Oct 4-9th I got stuck with after the pre-order error issues so I'll take it :D

Congratulations
Definitely better than waiting another week, do share your thought on the other thread when you have a chance.

I slept in. Ordered around 11am PST for the blue pro Max and they still had some for launch day stock so I picked mine up on launch day at the Apple Store. I guess I avoided that early morning mess.

While chaotic, preorders started at 2 pm for me, so wasn’t too bad. Managed to reserve some phones on the 22nd at the Apple Store so can’t really complain.

Blue titanium is the . Doesn’t sound like this was your first rodeo

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Wow well I just got screwed over by someone. I did a trade in when I bought the new phone..........same as I always do. Old ones dropped at Fedex on Wednesday evening and received next day by Apple's return facility near us. Got an email this morning saying the box was empty and asking for details on what was in it and how it was packaged. Great, now I'm guessing I'm going to be out my $480 trade in and of course no longer have the old phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77