Stuck at Pineapple Logo. Please help...

Cantabile

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi. i've been happily using my jailbroken pineapple iphone 3g for months until yesterday when the screen suddenly couldnt light up. it would still ring when someone tried to call but i cant answer. i also couldnt shut it down because the screen wouldnt light up at all. i did a finger slide and entered password and held power button and then did another finger slide at the top by memory, because the screen wouldnt light, but it still wouldnt work. the screen, on top of not lighting up, didnt respond to touch either.

anyway so i synced it with itunes (it could still sync), and then did a restore. after re-installing the 2.2.1 i restored it to the original backup. and then i had a original iphone 3g that was not broken. but because i used to use "Categories" and also "SB Settings", many icons and apps were not visible on the springboard. but according to itunes, large spaces were used by apps. when i went into app store, many apps were available for UPDATE too. and also in my settings, there were settings pages for many of the apps. but they didn't show up.

So i thought i would jailbreak it and use SB Settings to try to get them to show up. but then i recalled that installer and cydia were chosen to hide from springboard too... but the biggest problem now is that, when i tried to jailbreak, it got stuck after the "entering DFU mode" stage. the quickpwn software on my mac told me to wait until a reboot on my phone. but i waited overnight about 10 hours and it was still in the pineapple logo. the phone would reboot at times and vibrate but it will stuck at pineapple logo again. i hard reset it by holding power and home page and then turn it on again it is still stuck at pineapple page..

now i'm wondering if it took very very long because i had many many apps in my phone? or was it really not working at hung at the pineapple logo?

anyways, what should i do now? has it turned into ibrick..?

thanks very much for any help...

athynz

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Same thing with me as well - I ended up having to a force restore to get my 3G back to factory defaults then ran QuickPWN to jailbreak. Once that was done and the phone rebooted successfully I restored my personal info from the backup, restored my media, and everything worked perfectly.

04blue8

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
i have something kinda similar happening to me now...i bought a 2g iphone tonight...it was unlocked the guy did a system restore/clear. and now i am stuck on the pineapple logo...i can not power it down, reset or anything.:mad: itunes, my comp, nor quickpwn will reconize the iphone. any suggestions??

blkcadi

May 29, 2009
Visit site
put your phone in DFU mode and restore.
Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it?s in restore mode.

Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

04blue8

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
put your phone in DFU mode and restore.
Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it?s in restore mode.

Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

tried all of that...the phone wont turn off. i will hold power and sleep button down for five minutes and it still wont do anything. so dfu mode is out of the question. itunes nor my computer doesnt "see" my phone

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Guys he cant even power it down the the two guides above me wont work for him if he cant power it down,

@blue: I think you bricked it bro...

It will eventually power down as the battery dies. Not sure if it will be able to do the steps outlined above when it first boots up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68