Help with Passkeys. Please.

Airbrushkid

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Really do not know where to ask this. I want to set up Passkeys. But I have no clue on how to do this and what is needed.

Has snyone figure it out?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if this will be much help, but I just used a passkey this morning when logging on to iCloud from my PC at work. After selecting Passkey, I used my iPhone's camera to scan the code, and then followed the FaceID prompts on my iPhone, and successfully logged into iCloud on my PC.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Airbrushkid

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Just found this on Apples own website.

1. Use Face ID or Touch ID to complete sign in. If you didn’t set up Face ID or Touch ID on your iPhone, enter your device passcode (the code you use to unlock your iPhone).
    The passkey you saved completes the sign-in automatically.

Airbrushkid

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
LOL it works with my iPhone with 2 factor. But not with my iPad Pro. You have to use facial. So one yes and one no. But the messed up part it does not use Passkeys. They both use my old password. And there is no damh finger print function. On my iphone or iPads. The problem I have is no privacy with you having to use your face or finger print.

How is that working out?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Maybe passkeys just aren't for you - at least not yet. It's very, very early for passkeys. Only very few sites are servers support it.

Reactions: FFR

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
To the OP, did you read the article link FFR posted above? There are some prerequisites for this:

“To use passkeys, iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS 13, or tvOS 16 (or later) is required. iCloud Keychain and two-factor authentication must also be turned on.”

Airbrushkid

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
To the OP, did you read the article link FFR posted above? There are some prerequisites for this:

“To use passkeys, iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS 13, or tvOS 16 (or later) is required. iCloud Keychain and two-factor authentication must also be turned on.”
Well like all Apple fans we keep are iphones up to dat. iOS 17!
iCloud Keychain and two-factor authentication must also be turned on.”
is turned on.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Op why don’t you try facial id for week or two and see how you like it.

On apple devices all the information is stored on the devices special enclave, none of your biometric data/hash is sent to Apple or anywhere else.

Airbrushkid

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Op why don’t you try facial id for week or two and see how you like it.

On apple devices all the information is stored on the devices special enclave, none of your biometric data/hash is sent to Apple or anywhere else.
I said I facial on the ipad. But it doesn’t use passkeys. It is using my OLD password. Another I notice if I shut the iPad off/power off. When I turn it back on. It does not use Facial ID. You have to use passcode To log on your iPad.

i fix it in the iPhone. It won’t work with Facial ID thru Safari. So I got PayPal App.

And yes I am using facial I’d for the second. But may just stop it. I don’t care if it stores it on the phone. I could come right up to you take and turn it around point it at your face and unlocked your phone. and no I‘m not crazy. I live in the tech world and see a lot of things happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77