Question How to recovery iCloud with forgotten email and trusted phone number is lost

roromontiago

Jan 6, 2024
Visit site
I can’t get in to my iCloud because the two-factor-authentication trusted number I do not have any more and verification codes is being sent to that number. How can do change and recover my iCloud. Please help

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I can’t get in to my iCloud because the two-factor-authentication trusted number I do not have any more and verification codes is being sent to that number. How can do change and recover my iCloud. Please help
You could logging into your Apple ID account on Apples's website and updating your trusted phone number.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You could logging into your Apple ID account on Apples's website and updating your trusted phone number.

The results will be the same. I am currently dealing with a similar situation with my youngest son’s account. He got a new phone number and Apple keeps sending the 2FA codes to the old phone number. Allegedly after 30 days, we were supposed to have been given the ability to add the new trusted phone number and even add my number, but it didn’t happen.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I hate to state the obvious, but always set up your new device while you still have your old device, both on the same WiFi.
You can even forgo the same Wi-Fi. Just set up while having both devices on hand 😄

If you have an iPad or Mac, that’s also usually a trusted device.

Once you lose access to your account, only Apple can help 😥

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hate to state the obvious, but always set up your new device while you still have your old device, both on the same WiFi.

You can even forgo the same Wi-Fi. Just set up while having both devices on hand

If you have an iPad or Mac, that’s also usually a trusted device.

Once you lose access to your account, only Apple can help

Indeed. He had an Watch that I had given him some time ago, but he has yet to find it. If he had, the 2FA code would have been accessible. I told Apple that for family sharing situations, the organizer’s number should automatically be considered a trusted device.

Reactions: Annie_M and EdwinG

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77