contact feature

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I was testing out the contact feature with my mom by touching the top of the phones and I guess it’s not instantaneously because they weren’t the contact she was trying to send me at that moment. We ended up trying it again and it ended up Another contact we were testing but not at the right time, if all this makes sense Has anybody else had that issue

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Nope tested name drop this morning all went well for me and updates live whenever you change it.

Perhaps redo her contact card or yours. If you are sending someone else’s contact you have to hit airdrop then move both phones close to each other, they don’t have to touch each other

I even tested sending multiple photos using the airdrop feature and it worked pretty well.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Nope tested name drop this morning all went well for me and updates live whenever you change it.

Perhaps redo her contact card or yours. If you are sending someone else’s contact you have to hit airdrop then move both phones close to each other, they don’t have to touch each other

I even tested sending multiple photos using the airdrop feature and it worked pretty well.

oh, I didn’t know you had to hit AirDrop. do you have AirDrop like you usually do when sending pictures?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
oh, I didn’t know you had to hit AirDrop. do you have AirDrop like you usually do when sending pictures?

If you don’t hit airdrop it will just NameDrop your contact which is the default for situational airdrop.

It’s super simple, if you want to airdrop, select the media, contact, document then hit airdrop, at that point you have two options:

1) Click the contact in the airdrop menu (the old way).
2) hold the top of your phone next to theirs (the new way.
dd4b5bb4304c4807773dcc36af2c46a3.png

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
sorry to be difficult, but shouldn’t it work automatically because it’s turned on within settings under AirDrop. Her’s is also turned on

IMG_5595.JPG

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, it’s a setting under airdrop, how would the system know you want to airdrop it unless unless you hit airdrop first .

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to be difficult again, but shouldn’t it work automatically?

It does work automatically, as soon as you hit airdrop which lets the iPhone know you want to share media or a file, if not it defaults to NameDrop.

It’s pretty seamless and straight forward.

Reactions: Chris Cook5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77