Replaced the loudspeaker, & charge port (with 3.5mm jack), but the speaker still doesn't work?

I

iMore Question

Hi,

After suffering "the" charge port problem, in that the contacts wouldn't make a charge without moving the cable, I replaced the charge port connector. Immediately after replacing the charge port my loudspeaker stopped working - sound still worked through earphones.

Due to the forums reporting faulty with the loud speaker generally, I purchased a new loudspeaker but this repair was unsuccessful too.

Going back to my initial repair I thought I may have a defect on the 3.5mm jack that came with the new charge port, so I purchased another charge port and installed this with the new speaker. Still not sound from the loudspeaker.

I have now carried out both a soft and hard reset, checked the sound with Bluetooth and wifi off, but still no luck.

I really want to resolve this problem, rather than buying a new phone. Any advice would be appreciated

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Replaced the loudspeaker, & charge port (with 3.5mm jack), but the speaker still doesn't work?

I think of myself as being quite tech savvy... but would not DIY a cell phone repair... I leave it to people with experience...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Replaced the loudspeaker, & charge port (with 3.5mm jack), but the speaker still doesn't work?

I say take it to Apple or an authorized Apple repair shop

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68