recording videos in 24fps? Or keep it 30fps?

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I downloaded that Filmic Pro app and I noticed it allows you to change fps on your recordings. I know that 24fps is going to give you more of the "movie like" feel to it compared to 30, but what is the better one to go with as your default?

30fps I assume will be better for fast paced movement? I noticed in this app that when you set it at 24fps, it allows you to up the bit rate (mega bits per second) compared to being locked in apple's set standard with 30fps.

Wouldn't I get better quality at 24fps with a higher bit rate ( I know it will eat up space faster) and making it a more desirable "default"?

Thanks.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Your eye probably won't notice the difference between 24fps and 30fps. How much higher of a bitrate are you talking? Are any compression codecs being used? Really the best bet is to record a bit of both and compare them, and be the judge.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Your eye probably won't notice the difference between 24fps and 30fps. How much higher of a bitrate are you talking? Are any compression codecs being used? Really the best bet is to record a bit of both and compare them, and be the judge.

According to the Fimic App, it says that Apple standard rate is up to 24 Mbps, and there are two more choices better than that. Filmic Quality is up to 32 Mbps, and Filmic Extreme which is up to 48 Mbps.

I noticed they all say UP TO. Play on words possibly? I have seen some videos on youtube and some people rave about the greater bitrate.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McElvy