New iPhone 6s Plus lagging.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
It's the next day and it's not any better. If anything it's worse. This is what I see around 50% of the time when I unlock the phone after having not used it for at least 30 seconds.

Here's a video of me trying to interact with the screen for a good 9 seconds. Eventually it loads the clock app which isn't something I even tapped.

http://youtu.be/IBI4iNRU5FY

It affects anything that causes the screen to turn off. For example I used "hey Siri" and she didn't respond for 10 seconds after the beep. I also had a Bluetooth connection fail because the phone was unresponsive too long.

Interesting ... I ended up swapping my silver 64 gig 6s Plus (Samsung Processor) to a 128 gig Space Grey 6s Plus (TMSC Processor) as I could take the white face no longer and it was having some lagging issues. My new 6s Plus behaves exactly like yours does. Hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Interesting ... I ended up swapping my silver 64 gig 6s Plus (Samsung Processor) to a 128 gig Space Grey 6s Plus (TMSC Processor) as I could take the white face no longer and it was having some lagging issues. My new 6s Plus behaves exactly like yours does. Hmmmm.

Give it a couple of days. Mine is actually working normally now.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Give it a couple of days. Mine is actually working normally now.

Thanks for the update, I was planning on waiting until 9.1 was released to see if that fixed it aside from the wake lag the phone runs well and is actually a little cooler to the touch then the last one I had.

thecaringkind

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Screen rotation has been a little wobbly, slow to rotate...seems a tad sluggish at times, looking forward to the next software update already. Apple really needs to tighten up on the bug front...also GOOD LORD I can't stop from covering the speaker with my hands ughhhhh speakers must be addressed with iPhone 7...

hopesrequiem

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone noticed 3D Touch activating slower on this device opposed to the iPhone 6s? It works fine, but app quick actions open ever so slightly sluggishly.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed 3D Touch activating slower on this device opposed to the iPhone 6s? It works fine, but app quick actions open ever so slightly sluggishly.

I don't have that problem. 3D Touch is working fine on my device however I'm not sure if I just got used to the amount of force but I do feel like my first 6s Plus took a harder press, I'm on my 3rd phone and it is much more effortless. It could very well just be me.

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Well I had to exchange my Sim free 128gb Space Grey 6s Plus with the TMSC chip model A1634 with band 30 last night due to having horrible signal issues. So they had some in stock for replacement only which was fantastic! Also picked up the same model in gold for the wife while I was there. So now I have all the issues on this thread except the rotation problem you all are experiencing. I can only assume its got to be software related because I had the exact same phone before. Phone has great signal now. I also set up as a new phone then installed my back up.

hopesrequiem

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Don't take an over-the-air update. Use iTunes to update all software. It solved all my issues. If you took an ota and are having issues, back up your device, restore it to new software in iTunes and restore your backup after that. Or setup as new to get the freshest possible start. iTunes fixes most issues

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Here's something odd. I had my 6s Plus replaced and was told to set it up as new. When I did it lagged horribly when unlocking for a few days and then settled down. Since I wasn't seeing the problem I originally had, I erased my phone and restored my backup from the phone I replaced. Performance is great. It looks like this "problem" only affects people who set their phone up as new.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Both + models suffers from stuttering but I have not noticed any "lag". I have both the 6+ and 6s+ at the moment. The 6+ is Very choppy in the multitasking view as well as stuttering in animations from time to time when going back to the homescreen. The 6s+ also has a tad choppy animations in the multitasking but overall performance is much better than the 6+. However even the 5s is smoother in operation on iOS 9 than 6s+ through the UI because of the smaller resolution. Apple seems to have problems optimising the UI for the Plus models.

Blakew23

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Both my iPhone 6s Plus and wife's are having lag issues. I did a fresh install. She did a restore from her 6 Plus. It's lag. It's there. It's noticeable. No denying it. I'm hoping for a software bug fix soon.

thecaringkind

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
You know, what is going on with Apple these days? I switched from Android because of the ecosystem and that it 'just works' well.... The stutters and hiccups I have been seeing are things that I was used to seeing on Android and not on iOS. They really need to step their game up and work out the kinks.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
You know, what is going on with Apple these days? I switched from Android because of the ecosystem and that it 'just works' well.... The stutters and hiccups I have been seeing are things that I was used to seeing on Android and not on iOS. They really need to step their game up and work out the kinks.

It's pretty exclusive to the Plus models. They have more stuttering than the smaller ones because of the higher resolution. I have jailbreaked my 6S+ and installed the "Switchertweak" for it. With that I disable all of the blurring in the multitasking view and now it's as smooth as other iPhones with smaller resolution when multitasking. The higher resolution of the Plus models really decrease the performance of iOS 9.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just came here to see if any threads for the same thing existed. Significant lag and I see no benefit to the additional RAM. I had thought there would be better browsing but negative. Oddly enough it is also happening with my new iPad mini 4 and that was bought yesterday.

thecaringkind

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Not sure I want to go down jailbreak road yet. It's just kinda frustrating because Apple touts itself as the be all to end all and so far they just have me missing my LG G4. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy certain things but overall they really need to just smooth out the performance issues with the next update. Especially as related to the plus.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
As mentioned above the performance issues solve themselves after a couple of days. My 6s Plus no longer lags or stutters. Must have something to do with the phone optimizing itself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77