NAVIGON (regional vs entire USA)? Big difference in cost. Why?

garymgordon

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

I just purchased the NAVIGON ("my region" for the eastern region of the USA) for $14.99. And, I can add the central states for $9.99 and the west cost states for $9.99. But the full US version is $79.99.

So, my question is .. am I missing anything (other than the central and west cost states)??

It just seems like anyone who would buy the $79.99 version is paying too much since if you buy it the way I did, it would only cost you less then $35 for all the states. This is less than 1/2. Why?

So, again, am I missing something that the full North America version offers from a functionality stand point (which does of course include Canada) .. or is it just because I have fewer states?

I do see that they charge $59.99 for Canada alone. That' seemed odd.

AND TWO OTHER QUESTIONS ...

1. I also purchased last night, the Traffic Live (for traffic reports) for $19.99. Everything I saw online indicated that this is a one time fee. Meaning, no annual charges, etc. Does anyone know if this is true??

2. Does Navigon update the maps from time to time automatically and .. for FREE? Or, when they update their maps, will I incur an extra fee for this? Does anyone know more about how this is handled?

Thanks,
Gary

garymgordon

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh .. one other question.

If I want to purchase additional maps for Navigon "My Region" version .. since I only see Central and West states (at $9.99 each), how can I add on Canada (at a discounted cost) or other countries, etc. at a discounted cost?? I thought I saw something that said I could purchase additional maps / areas for 30% off or something like that. Does anyone know how I can get additional maps at a discounted cost? I can't even get Canada to come up on my iPhone in Navigon. :( I only see Central and West states available to be added.

Thanks,
Gary

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll