manual sorting of playlists in Apple Music on iPhone and iPad?

I

iMore Question

Does anyone know if there's a way to manually organize playlists in Apple Music? I create playlists that are named numerically with the years of the music in them. For instance, I would have a playlist that says "1970s". iTunes insists on putting those playlists below my other playlists that don't have numbers in the title. I've gotten around the problem by adding numbers before the playlist name, like "3000s Country". In a perfect world, the playlists that are in numbers would be at the top and the playlists that don't have numbers in them would be below that. Is there an easy way to do that, or am I forced to adhere to Apple's way of organizing things?

Thanks in advance!!

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
I think you're bound to "adhere to Apple's way of organizing things" -- However, creative naming schemes may be helpful to get your playlists in the order you want. In your situation, I would probably create a naming scheme based on what my favorite playlists are. My favorite may be named "AA1970s", which would pin it to the top of the list. Next? Perhaps "ABeatles" if you like the Fab Four, the AB places it second on the list. Also, utilizing the "Sort" option (upper right on the Playlists screen) allows the choice between newest playlists at the top or sorted by title, if you would want to go that route.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2