Problem with Apple Music Playlists

kitjv

Jan 5, 2023
Visit site
I recently subscribed to Apple Music & manually created several regular playlists. I just noticed that additional songs have somehow been automatically added to those playlists. Is this the result of AI in Apple Music populating my manual playlists with songs in the same genre? Regardless, can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue? Thank you so much for your help!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I’m not familiar with such an issue.
Hopefully someone else will come along with a solution.
Good luck.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently subscribed to Apple Music & manually created several regular playlists. I just noticed that additional songs have somehow been automatically added to those playlists. Is this the result of AI in Apple Music populating my manual playlists with songs in the same genre? Regardless, can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue? Thank you so much for your help!

Do you have Family Sharing enabled in which others can edit your playlists?

kitjv

Jan 5, 2023
Visit site
Yes, Family Sharing is enabled. However, there is no one else who can edit my playlists. In the past I used Family sharing to sync music between my computer & devices. However, I just occurred to me that I can now turn Family Sharing off since Apple Music will sync my entire library.

Unfortunately, this won't resolve the problem of songs automatically being added to my playlists.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Family Sharing is enabled. However, there is no one else who can edit my playlists. In the past I used Family sharing to sync music between my computer & devices. However, I just occurred to me that I can now turn Family Sharing off since Apple Music will sync my entire library.

Unfortunately, this won't resolve the problem of songs automatically being added to my playlists.

Make sure autoplay is not enabled. Also check to see that Auto-add Shazams to Apple Music isn't enabled.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Make sure autoplay is not enabled. Also check to see that Auto-add Shazams to Apple Music isn't enabled.

Agree 100% with Ledsteplin’s solid suggestions. In the past I’ve played around with Shazam auto add, it can cause what the OP describes.

The only other possibility I can recall was done on my Mac Music app. I set keywords to a playlist that would import from my library based on these keywords. But I haven’t done that in a while and don’t recall if it rechecked every so often based on keywords. But if the songs showing up in your list are already in your library, I’d keep this possibility in mind if all else fails.

kitjv

Jan 5, 2023
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions. Auto-add from Shazam was not turned on. However, Auto-play was enabled. I will see if this resolves the problem. But I must admit that I cannot see how Auto-play is related to the problem of random songs being automatically added to my playlists. But, if disabling Auto-play works, then I really don't need to know why. Again, thank you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions. Auto-add from Shazam was not turned on. However, Auto-play was enabled. I will see if this resolves the problem. But I must admit that I cannot see how Auto-play is related to the problem of random songs being automatically added to my playlists. But, if disabling Auto-play works, then I really don't need to know why. Again, thank you.

Did it work?

kitjv

Jan 5, 2023
Visit site
So far..no problems. But in the past, it seemed like the songs would pop up in the playlist a day or two later. So I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll keep you posted.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
So far..no problems. But in the past, it seemed like the songs would pop up in the playlist a day or two later. So I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll keep you posted.

I’m going to be honest… it sounds really weird. I hope you found “the fix in the haystack”.

Are you certain they’re not one of the default playlists, those are dynamic when viewed in iTunes or Music on macOS)?
I looked at the playlists I created 7 years ago (the most recent I have), and no songs have been added to them… instead, songs were removed by the service — because they are no longer available on Apple Music.

kitjv

Jan 5, 2023
Visit site
I’m going to be honest… it sounds really weird. I hope you found “the fix in the haystack”.

Are you certain they’re not one of the default playlists, those are dynamic when viewed in iTunes or Music on macOS)?

I assume that you are referring to the playlists that Apple Music based upon my prior listening preferences. Am I correct? In any event, I am referring to the regular playlists that I manually created.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I assume that you are referring to the playlists that Apple Music based upon my prior listening preferences. Am I correct? In any event, I am referring to the regular playlists that I manually created.

You answered my question :)

To answer yours, yes and no. I’m referring to these ones… they were created automatically with my iTunes Library.

29d7d8a1ea8874af523ddb98a9bc82bc.jpg