Jailbroken iPod touch won't sync with iTunes?

MrBean

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPod touch (4th gen) version 4.3.3 and before jailbraking it would sync with itunes perfectly. But now after jailbraking it and installing a whole lot of stuff off cydia and TiPb's Policy on Piracy Discussion it won't sync properly.

When I plug it in it starts to sync it asks me to transfer some apps from the ipod to itunes otherwise they will be deleted. When I click transfer it continues to sync: it backs up fine but when it gets round to transferring purchases the progress bar doesn't move and after about 5 seconds it moves onto the next step (3 out of 5) which is determining apps to sync. I'm not sure if that works or not but after that it skips steps 4 and 5 (which I'm guessing would sync my music and movies) and finishes the sync. I have appsync for 4.0+ so I don't think that's the problem.

Also when I try to change any settings for my iPod in itunes and click apply it says "Are you sure you want to remove 14 apps...?", which I don't want to do, so I can't change it to manually manage music and videos, which might have helped.

I can kinda understand why itunes wouldn't want to transfer TiPb's Policy on Piracy Discussion, but I don't see why it won't sync my music. Does anyone have a solution to this problem or any ideas on how to solve it?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Click on either of those links I just added to your post. Then go remove all the hacked software from your device and you'll be able to sync. Want to screw up your gadget? Steal.

Boomhauer

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
You need to go to file --> transfer purchases. This is a problem legit users face too when they use another pc so should be ok to post.

Last edited:

zoobiey

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
> "go remove all the hacked software from your device and you'll be able to sync"

False. You should not be giving false information to people seeking help. This is a common issue, it's all over Apple's own discussion boards. Jailbreaking has nothing to do with this problem, and telling him that removing his jailbreak apps will solve the problem is simply a lie.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
> "go remove all the hacked software from your device and you'll be able to sync"

False. You should not be giving false information to people seeking help. This is a common issue, it's all over Apple's own discussion boards. Jailbreaking has nothing to do with this problem, and telling him that removing his jailbreak apps will solve the problem is simply a lie.

I think it's safe to say you're an idiot.
Also a zombie lover
Our dear mod Allie (who is going to have to give me an infraction I suppose) was stating that pirated apps often don't sync properly, not jailbreak tweaks WHICH DON'T SYNC AT ALL.
also there is NOTHING on any of apples boards relating to pirated apps and syncing issues.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB