Slow iTunes

Doorpro

Sep 27, 2023
Visit site
Hi all,
A few days ago my iTunes started taking about 5 minutes to load and start. I have read that this has been an issue since Windows 10 and I am using Windows 11. Everthing has been fine until this happened and nothing I try makes it start as it should. I have read that users have updated, uninstalled and reinstalled from both the Apple store and Microsoft store and I would rather not start again as all of my music is now just how i like it and that took me days to sort out and this is a clean install after an accidental delete of all my library about two weeks ago. Any advice wil be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Doug.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
iTunes is a very old application.

Have you tried the replacement Apple Music app that’s on the Microsoft Store:

The usual “this is not a final version“ so things might break disclosure applies.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Doorpro

Sep 27, 2023
Visit site
I'll need to look into that and i thank you. The reason that I use iTunes is that it backs up my iPhone when i plug it in and am all set for each new phone. Hopefully this does that also. Thanks again Edwin.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll need to look into that and i thank you. The reason that I use iTunes is that it backs up my iPhone when i plug it in and am all set for each new phone. Hopefully this does that also. Thanks again Edwin.
It does not.

That’s being moved to the Apple Devices app.

I have never used Apple Devices.

Doorpro

Sep 27, 2023
Visit site
Edwin, thanks for the recommendation but that app is horrible and the worst I have used. On top of that it stopped iTunes all together and It took me hours to get that back and working at its worst. lol.
Thanks anyway, Doug.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Edwin, thanks for the recommendation but that app is horrible and the worst I have used. On top of that it stopped iTunes all together and It took me hours to get that back and working at its worst. lol.
Thanks anyway, Doug.
It was worth a try.

I hope Apple updates their apps, because they should be replacing iTunes (eventually).

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The only solution I have for you op, is go pick up an old intel Mac or intel MacBook Pro with high sierra or Mojave and move your library there.

Never update that machine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77