MagSafe issues

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I’m having issues with MagSafe charging. I have 2 chargers. The first one, I thought it might have been the charger. It’s older, and has been through some things. The other one, I purchased less than a month ago, and worked perfectly last Friday with my 13 Pro Max. My new 15 Pro Max will connect, and start charging. But, after 30 seconds, it will stop. And, no matter how long I leave it on there, it won’t start charging again.

I wanted to know if anyone else is having this issue, and if it might be a software thing. I just didn’t want to go to the Apple Store for it, just for them to tell me it’s a software issue, and an update is coming.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I’m having issues with MagSafe charging. I have 2 chargers. The first one, I thought it might have been the charger. It’s older, and has been through some things. The other one, I purchased less than a month ago, and worked perfectly last Friday with my 13 Pro Max. My new 15 Pro Max will connect, and start charging. But, after 30 seconds, it will stop. And, no matter how long I leave it on there, it won’t start charging again.

I wanted to know if anyone else is having this issue, and if it might be a software thing. I just didn’t want to go to the Apple Store for it, just for them to tell me it’s a software issue, and an update is coming.
Are these Apple MagSafe chargers?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Does it still work with your 13 pro max on iOS 17, it might require a firmware update but no idea how that works on 3rd party wireless chargers.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

What % is it at when it stops? There's a new Optimized Charging setting in the Battery settings that will cap it at 80 if you want. Otherwise you could try turning "Optimized Battery Charging" to "None" instead if it's on just to make sure the phone isn't confused on your schedule and waiting to finish charging later.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
What % is it at when it stops? There's a new Optimized Charging setting in the Battery settings that will cap it at 80 if you want. Otherwise you could try turning "Optimized Battery Charging" to "None" instead if it's on just to make sure the phone isn't confused on your schedule and waiting to finish charging later.

Whatever percentage the battery is when I put it on there. It stops after 30 seconds. And, it may be a case issue. I tried it this morning without my case, and it seems to be fine without it. It went for 5 minutes without stopping. I took it off because I had to leave. I have a UAG Monarch right now. It’s the only case I have. When I get home, I’m going to see if I can finesse a 13 Pro Max case on there close enough to see if MagSafe works.

Reactions: akutch34

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Update: I was able to get my Spiegen Tough Armor case for my 13 Pro Max to line up with the MagSafe on my 15 Pro Max. I let it charge for 2 minutes without an issue. It appears to be something in the UAG Monarch case that is not allowing charging. A little disappointed, but at least it isn’t the phone.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Update: I was able to get my Spiegen Tough Armor case for my 13 Pro Max to line up with the MagSafe on my 15 Pro Max. I let it charge for 2 minutes without an issue. It appears to be something in the UAG Monarch case that is not allowing charging. A little disappointed, but at least it isn’t the phone.

It’s probably too thick with all the design stuff UAG does with their cases.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77