Car Play "Now Playing" Problems

terrih

Jul 15, 2023
Visit site
When I am using Car Play and I go to "Now Playing", I get a message "sign in to start listening" - what does this mean? All my other functions work except this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Look on your iPhone to see if there’s a prompt for you to sign in with your ID. If so, sign in.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
When I am using Car Play and I go to "Now Playing", I get a message "sign in to start listening" - what does this mean? All my other functions work except this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Are you signed in the Apple Music app?

If you go into the Music on the iPhone and tap on the avatar in the top right corner, it should list your account’s details.
IMG_3390.jpeg

terrih

Jul 15, 2023
Visit site
When I go to Music it comes up blank - I am using Sirius in my car and this has worked successfully for me in the past but just recently stopped. I don't use Apple music.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
When I go to Music it comes up blank - I am using Sirius in my car and this has worked successfully for me in the past but just recently stopped. I don't use Apple music.
Sorry, I can’t help you with SiriusXM in your car interacting with CarPlay :(

I didn’t subscribe to the service when my trial expired. But I’m certain that someone on this forums has that service and might help out :)

terrih

Jul 15, 2023
Visit site
Are you logged in to the SiriusXM mobile pp on your iPhone?

So I just signed in to Sirius streaming but the odd part is that I have been listening to Sirius without this sign in for some time - this problem just started. Will update you when I start my car next. Do you leave the app on at all times or do you have to log on every time you drive?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I just signed in to Sirius streaming but the odd part is that I have been listening to Sirius without this sign in for some time - this problem just started. Will update you when I start my car next. Do you leave the app on at all times or do you have to log on every time you drive?

That should be a one-time sign-in unless you purposely sign out of the app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77