Iphone xr water resistant?

amr ashraf mostafa

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello
Is it safe to use my iphone xr and complete my call while the rain is falling ?
My last iphone was 6s and whenever the rain falls ,i have to end the call afraid of damaging the phone ..
So will this be the same case in my new xr ?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have never been afraid to use my phone in the rain. Not even with my 3GS and beyond.
Starting with iPhone 7, Apple advertised their phones with a water resistance rating. In summary this means that it’s safe to use your phone in rain for a few minutes.

So, yes, rest easy and by all means continue using your phone when it rains.

Here is more info about water resistance ratings by Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207043

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree the build quality on Apple devices will with stand rain even my AW 1 was used in the pool but I wouldn’t do it with my X without a water proof case

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Hello
Is it safe to use my iphone xr and complete my call while the rain is falling ?
My last iphone was 6s and whenever the rain falls ,i have to end the call afraid of damaging the phone ..
So will this be the same case in my new xr ?

The iPhone XR comes with a water/dust resistance rating of IP67, which means it should be perfectly safe to have a phone call even in heavy rain (as long as the phone call doesn’t last for over an hour lol)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have never been afraid to use my phone in the rain. Not even with my 3GS and beyond.
Starting with iPhone 7, Apple advertised their phones with a water resistance rating. In summary this means that it’s safe to use your phone in rain for a few minutes.

So, yes, rest easy and by all means continue using your phone when it rains.

Here is more info about water resistance ratings by Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207043

Thanks for sharing the link! It's full of very useful information!