iPhone 5 Stuffed with unwanted music

Yodeyah

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
New iPhone 5. I synced it with computer and suddenly I find all these albums and songs and artists on my iPhone which I don't want and are not on my comp[uter. Can anyone help me to get rid of these. Thanks.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

The music you mentioned came from the computer sync it might not be your music but someone has been using your computer maybe a son or daughter and that's how you acquired the music

Fix

Backup your device to iCloud and then restore your device using iTunes and the music will be gone. Or you could just delete the music thru iTunes

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Were you expecting a step by step on deleting music through iTunes? I mean if you were able to sync it and stuff, my guess would be that managing music would be child's play by the same person.
I can see someone is having a good Friday!!:rotfl:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I can see someone is having a good Friday!!:rotfl:

I'm having a great Friday! Going on vacation tomorrow to the mountains with the wife, going to enjoy some awesome BBQ and nice scenic driving...my response (like the response in the other thread of "Get it fixed") was simply a reflection of a question that seemed like such a common sense thing. Don't want music on your iPhone? Remove it! Don't know how? There's an elementary level how to on Apple's website that would be more beneficial than someone retyping it all out here.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I call it hysterical Tech syndrome

Something happens to your device and you forget what needs to be done and cry out for help before trying to fix it yourself

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I call it hysterical Tech syndrome

Something happens to your device and you forget what needs to be done and cry out for help before trying to fix it yourself

In the defense of the poster I find iTunes to be the most unintuitive software I ever used period. I cannot get my arms around synching music and how to make it do the same thing twice in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
New iPhone 5. I synced it with computer and suddenly I find all these albums and songs and artists on my iPhone which I don't want and are not on my comp[uter. Can anyone help me to get rid of these. Thanks.

On the iPhone:
Settings>General>Usage>Music

You should be able to remove it there. I've noticed that iTunes does that more frequently than it has in the past

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brad99