WWDC 2024 - share your thoughts...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I loved the opening, and got a kick out of Craig's helmet! LOL!

As for visionOS, I'm not really "interested" since I don't have, and probably never will own a Vision Pro!

iOS18 (finally!!!): Love the customization possibilities of both the control center and home screen;
I'm excited about tapbacks and messages via satellite. Mail categorization seems interesting. The Photos redesign seems huge... and I'm feeling both excited and scared about it!

A calculator is coming to iPad!!!! Finally!

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m looking forward to the screen resizing feature in MacOS Sequoia in addition to the iPhone mirroring feature. That would make things a bit easier for me at work.

I’m also looking for ward to the new Password app, Mail app, Control Center and the privacy features in iOS.

As for my thoughts on WWDC, it was good, but nothing earth shattering.

Reactions: Annie_M

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
giphy.gif

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
So, Vision Pro (256GiB model): $5772.53 (including taxes)! Nope, not for me, ever.

Apple Intelligence: will not be available at launch for non-USA English devices. I guess my Canadian English iPhone would fall in that non-USA category. I do wonder how they will prioritize notifications coming in two or more languages, given their autocorrect struggles.

iOS: I’m happy that we get Home Screen customization. Also, notification sync with macOS… FINALLY… it took them over 10 years! I love the little quality of life improvements. I don’t think messaging over satellite will help me; areas I don’t have mobile are also areas where satellites don’t exist (tunnels). Where’s my Presto and OPUS card support‽

iPadOS: See iOS + Calculator

macOS: Apple, please don’t break my tools. Also, good job copying Aero Snap (circa Windows Vista), it’s long overdue and a good quality of life improvement. The Passwords.app, if it is a 1-to-1 replacement might make me jump from 1Password to it, but I will need all the features that I use in 1Password; I don’t think it does.

HomeKit: Vacuum support 😁

So these are my current thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Annie_M

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’ll add something more… what’s that with cloud storage location control. Did I dream that Apple gave us control where our data (as in geo region) is stored?

brad99

Jun 17, 2024
Visit site
IApple and everybody thinks that apples are so great but they are just now allowing you to resize widgets y'all don't have widgets until like iOS 12 or 13 maybe Aunt Androids had them since Android 1.0 resizable widgets came from 1.5 so that's insane you're messaging app now looks like a mirror image almost of googles except for a few tiny changes oh my God being able to put widgets and putting apps on a home screen instead of just having an app drawer and that's it or all of it being on at home you all have went through so much ******** just to end up with a Apple was pretty much running a covered up version of Android. To switch to Samsung and you probably wouldn't even notice a damn difference because it's not that much different anymore at all but it took Apple pretty much until this update iOS 18 is when pretty much everything that Androids had for 10 years or more is now coming to Apple so it just is mind-blowing hopefully I didn't cuss I'm rereading it but I'm not seeing anything I usually do but I don't see anything so that's good.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
IApple and everybody thinks that apples are so great but they are just now allowing you to resize widgets y'all don't have widgets until like iOS 12 or 13 maybe Aunt Androids had them since Android 1.0 resizable widgets came from 1.5 so that's insane you're messaging app now looks like a mirror image almost of googles except for a few tiny changes oh my God being able to put widgets and putting apps on a home screen instead of just having an app drawer and that's it or all of it being on at home you all have went through so much ******** just to end up with a Apple was pretty much running a covered up version of Android. To switch to Samsung and you probably wouldn't even notice a damn difference because it's not that much different anymore at all but it took Apple pretty much until this update iOS 18 is when pretty much everything that Androids had for 10 years or more is now coming to Apple so it just is mind-blowing hopefully I didn't cuss I'm rereading it but I'm not seeing anything I usually do but I don't see anything so that's good.

You’re right. Android tend to have certain features long before they come to the iPhone. No doubt about it.

Having said that, an argument can be made that because so many people prefer an iPhone, and Android users tend to change to an iPhone than the other way around, those features might not be as important or as desired as some people may think.

In any case, the beauty of it all is the fact that we can choose the platform we prefer, whether it be Android or iOS.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I view the forthcoming photos App with trepidation. If I have taken a few photos and made a few screenshots in the previous hour or two, it would appear that the photos will be available in one place and the screenshots somewhere else.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Apple devices are great, all those features you claim came from Android were actually on Mac OS long before Android.

Come to think of it when iOS released widgets on the Home Screen, Android went ahead and scrubbed their version and and then blatantly copied iOSs superior implementation a year later hence the “mirror”, you can’t make this up.

In reality, if any iPhone user switches to Android they would feel it and are usually back a couple weeks later. On the other hand, Android users are increasingly switching to iphone every year and here is the kicker, they are not switching back to Android.

d766894e72fccae4f2bbb170d9176646.png

9185989288b1cd8c7b5346445959721b.png

I wonder how many Android users will switch away from “aunt” Android this year with the iPhone 16 pro series and iOS 18, not gonna lie with all those Mac OS features it’s going to be quite a bit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanwoodsman1966