iPhone 5 Questions from a convert

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone please answer the following for me:

1. Is there an alarm app available that can enable me to set up 2 different alarms for alternate weeks without my intervention at the end of each week? (I work different shifts every other week)

2. Is it correct that the iPhone 5 now allows file transfer via bluetooth? If so can this transfer be between any device or IOS/OSX only?

3. The description on iTunes for the Find My IPhone app states that the user can locate their phone via another IOS/OSX device, but what if you don't have another Apple device?

4. Is it pointless using an antivirus app on the iPhone or is it advisable?

I know it's a lot to ask but I want to be prepared before I get my phone next week. I've spent all afternoon downloading apps to my itunes in readiness :cool: (Not that I can't wait or anything...)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
1. The stock Clock app's alarm can accommodate multiple alarms that can be turned on and off - no other app needed.

2. Check the iTunes AppStore... there may be one that allows transfer to any device.

3. If you have an iCloud account - you can log on to your account via any web browser and use the 'Find' app to manage your devices.

4. Today - not much to worry about... someday, it may be advisable.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
But...

1. I understand that multiple alarms can be set but can I set the stock alarm app up with 2 alarm times that only activate on alternate weeks? E.g. One will go off at 6am each workday this week and the other will activate at 7am the following week only. If not, that's why I need to know if anyone knows of an app on the itunes store that can handle this. The app I have on Android recognises odd and even number weeks and the alarms are set up for weekdays only on the respective week numbers. Once the alarms are set up the only time I need to intervene is to turn them off (or snooze if I'm feeling lazy :) )

2. So, unlike any other phone, an app would be required to enable file tfer over bluetooth?

3 & 4 Thanks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The stock clock/alarm app can set multiple alarms each as an event... you can preset one to repeat on, for example, weekdays at 6am... and then another that would repeat weekdays at 7AM... each one would have a simple on/off switch and remain in your list of alarm events.

And file transfer appears to need an app...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1365354889.204693.jpg

The Alarm setup would look like above, and you'd turn the one you want on. It's quite possible that any one of the many App Store alarm apps may even allow you automate which alarm is active rather than manually turning them on/off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson