iPhone 3G

soulowar

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't need my iPhone 3G any more so I am gifting it to a friend this week-end. I need to unlock it so he can use his carrier.

I have an iPhone 3g 8gig

Version: 4.2.1 (8C148
Firmware: 5.15.04

I must say I am quite at lost on what to do and don't have that much time to put into this. (a few hours at max).

I am quite good with computer and handling my way around techy stuff, just can't devote the research time needed to make the best decision.

I'm just looking for the most efficient way to proceed... Should I update something, before proceeding which tutorial to follow?

thank you
Soul

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
First things first. Go to Settings - General - About and check the Modem Firmware. If it's not one of these - 4.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, then follow this tutorial. If the Modem Firmware was one of the mentioned above, follow the same tutorial without installing the iPad baseband.

After you jailbreak the phone, fire up the Cydia app, let it update and install ultrasn0w. This will make you reboot the phone once more. Once this is done, you should have an unlocked iPhone.

Notes: while downloading the jailbreak tool, make sure you find the right beta version. There are newer versions, but they jailbreak newer iOS versions.

soulowar

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Will that .. "factory reset" my iphone? He was getting slow with teh app and all I put on it, anyway to reset it to a cleaner state before unlocking it?

soulowar

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Hum I'm using redsn0w win 0.9.6rc16

and when it goes to fetch the ipad baseband it just autoclose... any idea teh problem?

The closest I can download is release candidate 16 which is far from beta 6... the 13 is shown as available but link is dead.

is that the problem?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4