Is there any software that is an extra wall of security (against hackers) on iphone14 pro max?

Duckaroni

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
We got an iphone13 last summer and it was hacked. Got an iphone14 pro when it came out. Same issue, like it somehow followed us. I mean instantly on way home from the Apple Store. We were using IOS 16.1. It was so obvious it was a computer in control of our iphone, and iCloud seemed to be completely out of our control, email and all. Were sent to genius bar numerous times, iPhone would pass their test and that was it, as far as they were concerned. They wouldn't even look at screenshots we had showing things happening on our iPhone. One time we tried to reset it and got this "iPhone can't be reset, it is under management." Can't begin to list evidence. We returned our iPhone to apple in early October. We want to get an iphone14 pro max, but are afraid of it happening again and Apple was not helpful with our last issue. Is there any software to help us be protected. Don't want to go through that again. Genius bar says iPhone doesn't need such software as it is already got the best privacy. But, we all know sometimes it happens. Don't get this wrong, we absolutely loved our iPhone, not to mention it had the Best camera!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If Apple couldn’t resolve your issue then neither can any of us. Having said that, if what you’re saying is true then the connection is tied to either your mobile number or your Apple ID, but that is my “guess”.

If it were me, I would notify your cell carrier and see if they can investigate the matter from their end.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What kind of things happened? You didn't explain, specifically, what it was doing. Since more than one iPhone behaved this way, I would think maybe there's corruption. When you set up your new iPhone, try setting it up as new, and not from a back up.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
“iPhone can't be reset, it is under management."
The iPhone under MDM? That is what would give a message like that. MDM is an Apple management suite that allows an organization, such as a school or corporation, to directly manage and likely tightly control Apple products under MDM.

No offense intended but chances you are hacked are very very low. Nevertheless, if it’s an iPhone 14 then it is under warranty. Go back to the Apple Store and show them the “under management” message. have them see each issue in action. Make them explain it. If not fixed then once home open a case using the Apple Support app. Have screenshots of everything that you describe is happening (without screenshots us in support tend to suspect a customer is at best exaggerating).

Also, Under Privacy/Security>App Privacy Report, you can see your network activity, apps using network, the domains being contacted etc. in the unlikely chance you are hacked, you will see a strange domain being contacted a lot or you will see a uncommon app contacting a domain a lot.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
"iPhone can't be reset, it is under management."

Are you getting these devices through an employer? If so then said employer has the right to church and see what you’re doing with their device. You can’t get around it or bypass it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Agree with the others. I missed the part about management. Looks like these iPhones are tied to a business or school. Were they issued to you? If not, where did you purchase them?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
And let me also add that IF you are trying to gain access to a device that’s being managed by a school or employer, we WILL NOT assist you here.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
And let me also add that IF you are trying to gain access to a device that’s being managed by a school or employer, we WILL NOT assist you here.

I would suggest that you contact the organization’s ICT Support team (aka Service Desk, Help Desk).

They are the best placed to support for MDM-managed devices.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
We got an iphone13 last summer and it was hacked. Got an iphone14 pro when it came out. Same issue, like it somehow followed us. I mean instantly on way home from the Apple Store. We were using IOS 16.1. It was so obvious it was a computer in control of our iphone, and iCloud seemed to be completely out of our control, email and all. Were sent to genius bar numerous times, iPhone would pass their test and that was it, as far as they were concerned. They wouldn't even look at screenshots we had showing things happening on our iPhone. One time we tried to reset it and got this "iPhone can't be reset, it is under management." Can't begin to list evidence. We returned our iPhone to apple in early October. We want to get an iphone14 pro max, but are afraid of it happening again and Apple was not helpful with our last issue. Is there any software to help us be protected. Don't want to go through that again. Genius bar says iPhone doesn't need such software as it is already got the best privacy. But, we all know sometimes it happens. Don't get this wrong, we absolutely loved our iPhone, not to mention it had the Best camera!
The chance of an iPhone getting "hacked" is extremely low. The chance of a user having a second iPhone get "hacked" seems extremely unlikely.

Something else is going on.

If the Genius Bar cannot validate the "issue" you are having with your phone(s), then it's likely, again, that something else is going on.

Where to you "get" these phones? Are they through an employer or school? Are you the account holder?

You say that you "Can't begin to list evidence." List it so that others can see what's going on.

Post the "screenshots showing things happening" so that others can see what's going on.

Duckaroni

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
Hi Lee,

Hi Lee,

Let me explain a little bit more to you. This was a brand-new iPhone we purchased at an Apple Store in Los Gatos, both of our iPhones were from Apple and brand new. We are retired and have no managers. It was our own personal iPhone. The screen shots, we no longer have, as we no longer have the iPhone. Have no computer at home, we're at the library. We never backed our iPhone up, we were having trouble and tried everything to get away from whatever.

If you don't mind we will explain more of what has been going on. We are trying so hard to find out how this was possible. We are retired and live remotely in the Santa Cruz Mountains. We have no idea why anyone would pick us.

We have Verizon for service. It always worked at our house (top of a ridge). When we brought our first iPhone 13 pro home, it would not get service at our house. Odd, we even had friends over and their Verizon phones worked just fine.

Next, our settings would constantly change on our iPhone from ones previously set. We don’t “share” anything with anyone. We check “no sharing with anyone” and turn off location. But next day they would all be changed back to “share with everyone.”
Our iPhone 14 pro did not work when we got home either. We had to reset our face ID twice on it, as it just quit recognizing us several days after we set it up at the Apple Store and again a week later. So many things were going on. There were 2 pictures in our gallery one morning that we did not take. (Just of darkness.) We started completely shutting it our iPhone off at night and putting it in a cabinet. After that, every morning when we took it out, it would be back on. I could go on forever with stuff you probably would not believe. Since it was our first iPhone, I constantly read the IOS 16 user’s manual and most of the cool features never worked on our iPhone. If you wish I could start listing them. Couldn’t wait to have Siri get to know us, but he didn’t work after the first few days. He would say “let me check on that”, afterwards he would say “something went wrong” or “you have to be online to do that” no matter what we asked. We thought IOS 16 was supposed to have a lot more you could do offline with Siri. Then he started not answering us at all, a notification would come down saying we have to go on WIFI to download something for Siri to work offline? No one could tell us what that was either.

For some reason, it seemed no one at Apple would take us seriously and at the Genius Bar they would not even consider it could possibly being hacked, as this is impossible. It is too possible. We are not crazy or stupid. Although, I am sure this sounds nuts to you.

If you would like to hear more let us know. We just want to figure out how someone got control of our iPhone. We even tried to download some security software at the app store. McAfee quit working a few days after we got it, then we tried to download Norton and it would not finish installing. We tried others and none of them would finish install or would just now work if they did.
We just want to know how to prevent this from happening again before we get our iPhone 14 pro max we are so anxious for. Please let me know if there is something else we can tell you about our experience. Have seen complaints from other Apple users on the Apple Community website.

Thank you for your time,

Duckaroni

PS: Guess we were just hoping you would say there was some magic software to prevent this.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, what I would suggest can no longer be done it’s to look under the name in Settings if there is an ownership label. That will happen if a device is supervised (understand owned and managed) by a company. There’s also the Mobile Management section under General in the Settings app that might have stuff as well.

Some of the things mentioned are unbelievable at first glance, like the phone turning on on its own.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi Lee,

Hi Lee,

Let me explain a little bit more to you. This was a brand-new iPhone we purchased at an Apple Store in Los Gatos, both of our iPhones were from Apple and brand new. We are retired and have no managers. It was our own personal iPhone. The screen shots, we no longer have, as we no longer have the iPhone. Have no computer at home, we're at the library. We never backed our iPhone up, we were having trouble and tried everything to get away from whatever.

If you don't mind we will explain more of what has been going on. We are trying so hard to find out how this was possible. We are retired and live remotely in the Santa Cruz Mountains. We have no idea why anyone would pick us.

We have Verizon for service. It always worked at our house (top of a ridge). When we brought our first iPhone 13 pro home, it would not get service at our house. Odd, we even had friends over and their Verizon phones worked just fine.

Next, our settings would constantly change on our iPhone from ones previously set. We don’t “share” anything with anyone. We check “no sharing with anyone” and turn off location. But next day they would all be changed back to “share with everyone.”
Our iPhone 14 pro did not work when we got home either. We had to reset our face ID twice on it, as it just quit recognizing us several days after we set it up at the Apple Store and again a week later. So many things were going on. There were 2 pictures in our gallery one morning that we did not take. (Just of darkness.) We started completely shutting it our iPhone off at night and putting it in a cabinet. After that, every morning when we took it out, it would be back on. I could go on forever with stuff you probably would not believe. Since it was our first iPhone, I constantly read the IOS 16 user’s manual and most of the cool features never worked on our iPhone. If you wish I could start listing them. Couldn’t wait to have Siri get to know us, but he didn’t work after the first few days. He would say “let me check on that”, afterwards he would say “something went wrong” or “you have to be online to do that” no matter what we asked. We thought IOS 16 was supposed to have a lot more you could do offline with Siri. Then he started not answering us at all, a notification would come down saying we have to go on WIFI to download something for Siri to work offline? No one could tell us what that was either.

For some reason, it seemed no one at Apple would take us seriously and at the Genius Bar they would not even consider it could possibly being hacked, as this is impossible. It is too possible. We are not crazy or stupid. Although, I am sure this sounds nuts to you.

If you would like to hear more let us know. We just want to figure out how someone got control of our iPhone. We even tried to download some security software at the app store. McAfee quit working a few days after we got it, then we tried to download Norton and it would not finish installing. We tried others and none of them would finish install or would just now work if they did.
We just want to know how to prevent this from happening again before we get our iPhone 14 pro max we are so anxious for. Please let me know if there is something else we can tell you about our experience. Have seen complaints from other Apple users on the Apple Community website.

Thank you for your time,

Duckaroni

PS: Guess we were just hoping you would say there was some magic software to prevent this.

Do you have anyone else - grandchildren maybe — staying with you, who could get access and tamper with the phone?

Duckaroni

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
We don't have any grandchildren. We really don't even have much company. No one else has had access to our iPhone when we had it. Is there a way a hacker can find you by location? We don't even have any close neighbors and our iPhone had a circle on the map pinpointing our house location area we live in the mountains, we live 3 miles up a gated private. We could not believe how good gps has gotten.

Duckaroni

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73