How to Disable Parallax Wallpaper without Disabling Animation?

DaViD_BRaNDoN

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to disable parallax wallpaper completely without disabling the transition animation? I have [Reduce Motion = Off] and [Perspective Zoom = Off]. I thought turning off perspective zoom would disable the wallpaper parallax effect completely but I'm getting a 'reduced' parallax effect on wallpaper instead.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I will not be 100% on this as maybe someone else but I believe it is one or the other, Either all off or on and you might just be thinking it is reduced. Again cannot be sure on this one. Anybody else??

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Ahh, I just tried it myself and I see what you mean.

It does seem different though. The resolution now seems proper on the actual wallpaper and just that the icons move a little. But I guess it's still not completely off.

DaViD_BRaNDoN

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I will not be 100% on this as maybe someone else but I believe it is one or the other, Either all off or on and you might just be thinking it is reduced. Again cannot be sure on this one. Anybody else??

I tried both - [Perspective Zoom = On] gives the standard parallax effect while [Perspective Zoom = Off] gives a 'reduced' parallax effect (minimal movement).

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Is there a way to disable parallax wallpaper completely without disabling the transition animation? I have [Reduce Motion = Off] and [Perspective Zoom = Off]. I thought turning off perspective zoom would disable the wallpaper parallax effect completely but I'm getting a 'reduced' parallax effect on wallpaper instead.

You can't since one of the minor iOS 7 updates.

Edit - Where is this perspective zoom setting?

Last edited:

DaViD_BRaNDoN

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Confirm there's no way around this. I was initially under the impression that turning off Perspective Zoom would disable wallpaper parallax effect completely instead of only reducing the parallax effect. Oh well, back to turning on Reduce Motion so the parallax effect would be gone completely at the cost of killing the UI animation :(

"Also kind-of-new is the wallpaper picker, which has been moved around a little and now offers the option to turn the "perspective zoom" feature on and off. This prevents the desktop wallpaper from sliding around as you move the phone without completely disabling the animations that the "reduce motion" accessibility option toggles. The icons and notification prompts still move with the phone, but the effect is greatly reduced."

Details: Refinements, additions, and un-breaking stuff: iOS 7.1 reviewed | Ars Technica

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrymelon