How do people on whatsapp contacts know my facebook details? How to stop this?

I

iMore Question

Hi, I met someone and exchanged phone numbers recently and we also exchange messages on whatsapp which she could contact me through as she had my phone number. However shes now sent me a facebook request. My ID on whats app is listed with mt first name only so how would she know my second name?

Whatsapp is owned by facebook so I'm assuming its through here but can't be sure. Assuming that it is then how do i amend my whatsapp details to stop people contacting me this way?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Did you allow Facebook app to access your contacts on your phone? And did you allow Whatsapp to access either your Facebook friends or phone contacts? Dig into the settings of both, and turn off what you don't want to happen.

Chances are, she used your phone number to look you up on Facebook... if you've allowed your phone number to be public in Facebook, stop doing that if you don't want people to be able to find you that way...

Leo A1

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I found a huge privacy violation on part of Facebook. I have a basic facebook account with no phone number. I have the Facebook App on my phone and I have Whatsapp. Now I am getting friends suggestion from Facebook about people whom I have never exchanged an email or a message. I have their number in my phone and I have called them. The only way is that Facebook is collecting all my contact details through WHatsapp and then using it just be making a link that Facebook App is installed in the same phone.
That's ridiculous.

Uday Bhargav

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. Its is definable whatsapp sharing annoymnous information to facebook and I think this is the sole and only purpose facebook bought whatsapp. I am really not sure how to block this happening. My whatsapp number is not even associated with Facebook and yet I have received a friend request from whom I just exchanged my number the other day. I didn't display my number on facebook for the sole reason being privacy and now I get whatsapp sharing my data to facebook.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68