Does anyone know about the Exif and Metadata? How to get rid of it?

Moorethan

Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
Yesterday on google I found some pictures of my camera that I uploaded on my Facebook profile, I don’t know why those pictures just showed up in front of me with random searches but I am pretty sure that something was not right.
So I started digging out the main reason behind it, my Facebook privacy was pretty good and from their picture can’t be leaked but then I came to know that a friend of mine shared that photo to his wall and he also saved that and guess what the name of the picture that he saved was the same that of mine, and the whole EXIF data and the location where that photo was taken was never removed, so that’s how Google got me.
Yes, your photos do have the information that what we call as metadata.
That was the time I realized how people's pictures came in front of random searches with locations so that’s our metadata which tracks the precise location and the details.
Unfortunately, I figured out the main reason behind that privacy leakage, but still, I am not sure that some random guides on deleting metadata from photos help us to maintain our privacy or not?
It is good to learn how to delete EXIF and metadata from photos and remove EXIFs at first place, but what about the photos that we have already shared on different social profiles?
I am dam sure there must be any way to secure them too.
If anyone knows something in this regard, kindly share here, because I have a lot of photos to secure and can’t delete my whole accounts just to secure myself.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You were very careful not to mention the type of device the photos were taken with so I’m going to assume it was an Apple iPhone. With that being said, please check out the instructions found via the iMore Blog

Last edited:

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday on google I found some pictures of my camera that I uploaded on my Facebook profile, I don’t know why those pictures just showed up in front of me with random searches but I am pretty sure that something was not right.
So I started digging out the main reason behind it, my Facebook privacy was pretty good and from their picture can’t be leaked but then I came to know that a friend of mine shared that photo to his wall and he also saved that and guess what the name of the picture that he saved was the same that of mine, and the whole EXIF data and the location where that photo was taken was never removed, so that’s how Google got me.
Yes, your photos do have the information that what we call as metadata.
That was the time I realized how people's pictures came in front of random searches with locations so that’s our metadata which tracks the precise location and the details.
Unfortunately, I figured out the main reason behind that privacy leakage, but still, I am not sure that some random guides on deleting metadata from photos help us to maintain our privacy or not?
It is good to learn how to delete EXIF and metadata from photos and remove EXIFs at first place, but what about the photos that we have already shared on different social profiles?
I am dam sure there must be any way to secure them too.
If anyone knows something in this regard, kindly share here, because I have a lot of photos to secure and can’t delete my whole accounts just to secure myself.

I am not seeing any EXIF data with my photos or friend’s photos from Facebook.

Slash82

May 8, 2018
Visit site
Hey there!

One thing to improve your privacy is only to share pictures / videos from within the "Photos" app.

Select the picture you want to share, tap the "share button".
From there you will find find "Options" on top off the share screen.
Click on that and unselect all data.

You device will remove any meta-data before sharing.

Maybe that helps a bit

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234