How Can I Print or Export a List of My IOS APPs

Jim Child

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
In preparation for the update to 64-bit-only IOS 11 I am reviewing all my APPs on both my iPhone 5C and my iPad Air.

I have not found a way to either print or export (ideally as a .csv spreadsheet file, but just about any format would be okay) a list of either
or both ALL my apps or those APPs installed on the exporting device.

What am I missing?
Thank you for your time! Jim in Maine

Jim Child

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
Ledsteplin, thanks for the reply.

I really want/NEED to have an off-device listing of all of the apps I have purchased and/or installed. It would be wonderful if a list exported from either my Apple account, iTunes or one of my devices also included, besides the name of the app, details such as version#, developer name, website, etc. But, just a listing of the apps would be a big step in the right direction.

As I've said, the file format of the list is not all that critical. A .csv file would be best, but I am able to swap formats -- .pdf, .doc, txt, whatever. Having to take a screenshot and then manually type all of the app names into a spreadsheet is ridiculous in this day and age.

I am aware that IOS 10.3 will show which of your apps are 32-bit. I look at that list on my iPad Air, pull out and piece of paper and pencil and stop copying down the names of the 32-bit apps so I can get on my laptop and begin googling down developers to inquire about hopeful 64-bit upgrades.

BTW: The IOS 10.3 ability to show which apps are 32-bit works on my iPad Air BUT NOT on my iPhone 5C, also running IOS 10.3.2. The "About" on my iPhone just shows I have 139 apps installed. FYI: I have many more apps than that on my iPad, and then there are apps I own but do not have then installed on any device due to memory/space limitations.

Thanks again! Jim

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ledsteplin, thanks for the reply.

I really want/NEED to have an off-device listing of all of the apps I have purchased and/or installed. It would be wonderful if a list exported from either my Apple account, iTunes or one of my devices also included, besides the name of the app, details such as version#, developer name, website, etc. But, just a listing of the apps would be a big step in the right direction.

As I've said, the file format of the list is not all that critical. A .csv file would be best, but I am able to swap formats -- .pdf, .doc, txt, whatever. Having to take a screenshot and then manually type all of the app names into a spreadsheet is ridiculous in this day and age.

I am aware that IOS 10.3 will show which of your apps are 32-bit. I look at that list on my iPad Air, pull out and piece of paper and pencil and stop copying down the names of the 32-bit apps so I can get on my laptop and begin googling down developers to inquire about hopeful 64-bit upgrades.

BTW: The IOS 10.3 ability to show which apps are 32-bit works on my iPad Air BUT NOT on my iPhone 5C, also running IOS 10.3.2. The "About" on my iPhone just shows I have 139 apps installed. FYI: I have many more apps than that on my iPad, and then there are apps I own but do not have then installed on any device due to memory/space limitations.

Thanks again! Jim

Odd. They show on my old iPhone 5. Did you tap on where it shows apps in the about?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

The iPhone 5c is a 32 bit device, so I think all of the apps installed are 32 bit by definition. Since the 5c won't get iOS 11, it's probably a moot point.

Whenever I set up a phone or iPad as new, I just go into the App Store and list the "purchased" tab. From there I can install the apps that I need or want with just a tap of the cloud icon. There is a separate "purchased" tab on the iPad, and on the iPhone it's in the "Update" tab at the top.

Like others, if I really wanted a list of apps I would just screenshot the home screens or grab a screenshot of the home screen layout tab in iTunes to get it done more quickly. But I have only three home screen pages.

Jim Child

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
Okay, thanks all. I'm hearing that IOS 11 brings a "file structure" to IOS devices. Maybe while looking at the "\Applications\ directory I'll be able to export a list.

Have a good one! Jim