Help with very slow cydia update

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, to start I have an iphone 4 on 4.2 with redsn0w and macbook pro 10.6.6 Every time I start cydia it takes forever to update, as updating I can see an "error netdb". I have googled this but the only help I can find wants me to fix something in Terminal and I not able to figure it out. I know nothing abut Terminal other then how to find it, and unless its spelled out exactly I fail anytime I have tried something on Terminal. Any ideas how to fix my problem? Thanks for looking.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it may sound a little extreme but you may want to consider restoring as a new device, not from a back up, and re-jailbreaking. you could have corrupt code or file and you are putting right back on the device every time you restore from a back up

yes, it is time consuming but i had to this before when i was having an issue and felt i had tried everything possible..

it did resolve my issue by the way

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you to all for the help. Coatie, I just restored as new 4 days ago. Ill stick with a slow Cydia in that case, I am so anal about how my phone is set up it takes 2 days to get things right after a restore. TiPb Rules!

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
it may sound a little extreme but you may want to consider restoring as a new device, not from a back up, and re-jailbreaking. you could have corrupt code or file and you are putting right back on the device every time you restore from a back up

yes, it is time consuming but i had to this before when i was having an issue and felt i had tried everything possible..

it did resolve my issue by the way

Kind of a bummer to do it this cause they will lose any game data they have stored in their backup.