After recently purchasing a ringtone, I'm having account-related issues. How can I fix this?

U

Unregistered

I have an iPhone 5 and have had no problems with it for over a year,, recently I purchased a ring tone an ever since when I want to download an app it asked me to log into my Apple ID which normally when I type my password in it will download straight away, now recently it had asked when downloading an app to sign in so I do so and it will come up with sign-in required an ask for my bank card details which I type in my correct detail and it won't let me sign in.....It says there there is a billing problem with a previous purchase,, please update your payment method which I have an now won't go any further than that!?.... Any help please!!?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhones are ****!! Agreed?

I have an iPhone 5 and have had no problems with it for over a year,, recently I purchased a ring tone an ever since when I want to download an app it asked me to log into my Apple ID which normally when I type my password in it will download straight away, now recently it had asked when downloading an app to sign in so I do so and it will come up with sign-in required an ask for my bank card details which I type in my correct detail and it won't let me sign in.....It says there there is a billing problem with a previous purchase,, please update your payment method which I have an now won't go any further than that!?.... Any help please!!?

Call apple support.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhones are ****!! Agreed?

I had the same thing happen to me once with a gift card that didn't have enough remaining balance for the purchase. I had to enter another card number. You might try contacting Apple support.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Definitely have to call Apple, I had this happen to me and someone wound up getting my CC #, the black listed it and I needed a new CC.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Definitely have to call Apple, I had this happen to me and someone wound up getting my CC #, the black listed it and I needed a new CC.

Wow. Was there some sort of hack that happened or something. That seems a bit odd that iTunes would ask you for your card even after it's already attached to your iTunes account.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
What I mean is that I was not able to use my CC that we as attached to my iTunes account. What happens is someone got my CC # and once that happens you can never use that CC on iTunes again. How I found out was just a fluke by attempting to purchase something in iTunes. Later that day when the bank opened they called me.