Help please! Trying to restore 6.0.1 Iphone 4s but I have error 1600

imkelseyc

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Ive been scouring the internet for days, but to no avail. I've tried everything to restore my iphone. I bought a new phone off ebay and mistakenly erased all content and settings when it was jailbroken, yes I now realize that was a mistake. It did not brick it or anything actually, and it still starts up but now cydia won't open. It will flash and exit. I tried to rejailbreak it, but it says its semi tethered now. I've tried tinyumbrella and redsnow, but nothing has worked. Any help would be amazing! I have shsh for 6.0.1 and 5.1.1, but I assumed it wouldn't restore because of the unsigned ipsws, any way around this? Thanks again.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not going to restore to any iOS other than 6.0.3 because that is the last one out. You will have to load a custom firmware and have had your SHSH blobs saved to go to anything else at this point.

imkelseyc

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
So what about can I rejailbreak it, or fix cydia? Because the phone still works, cydia just won't boot. So im not sure if its still completely jailbroken

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe redsnow works to get the 4s back to ios5.x from 6.x.

What does evasi0n do when you try to jailbreak with it now?

imkelseyc

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Actually it says error: your device appears to be using a semi-tether jailbreak. Please use the Evasion untether package from cydia instead. But, my cydia is not working

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
It's my understanding that if you erased all content and settings all you can do is restore.

That's one reason there's a tweak to keep that from being available.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Try these:

How do I install Cydia after uninstalling it?

Perhaps you ignored a warning, or perhaps a friend decided to annoy you by uninstalling Cydia on your device? You have some options for installing it again:

Use redsn0w: You may be able to reinstall Cydia using redsn0w. Download and open the latest version of redsn0w, click "Jailbreak", make sure that "Install Cydia" is the only checkbox checked, and let that process complete.

Use iFile: If that doesn't work (such as if redsn0w gives you error messages), another easy option is to use iFile, if you already have it installed on your device. In Mobile Safari, go to this URL: http://apt.saurik.com/debs/cydia_1.1.8_iphoneos-arm.deb - and use iFile's option to install it.

Use the command line: You may be able to SSH into your device and reinstall Cydia. You need to already have OpenSSH installed on your device, along with APT 0.6 or 0.7 (which are dependencies of various packages including CyDelete). After SSHing into your device: type apt-get install cydia and then type su mobile -c uicache (or reboot your device) and you should have Cydia again.

I'm not sure if you have SSH available or not.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
If you are successful you might consider installing: ResetAllKiller and disable the 'Reset All' buttons in Settings...

Name: ResetAllKiller
Price: FREE
Repo: BigBoss
Developer: Lunatik

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem,, cydia flashes and get cloesd itself even safari not working,other cracked apps responding same as cydia (flash n close),,
evasion it says error: your device appears to be using a semi-tether jailbreak. Please use the Evasion untether package from cydia instead. But, my cydia is not working
cant restore iphone because itunes gives an error 1694,, i tried another well going computer but error gives the same.. it sucks

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
i have the same problem,, cydia flashes and get cloesd itself even safari not working,other cracked apps responding same as cydia (flash n close),,
evasion it says error: your device appears to be using a semi-tether jailbreak. Please use the Evasion untether package from cydia instead. But, my cydia is not working
cant restore iphone because itunes gives an error 1694,, i tried another well going computer but error gives the same.. it sucks
I'm devastated to hear your cracked apps aren't working.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2