please help

jaredbrooks

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
i have 4.2.6 verizon, i jail broke it a while ago, i go get themes and for some reason the lock icon i cant get to change or the lock screen. can any one tell me how to get them to change.

joescro

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
When you say the "lock icon", are you referring to the apple logo against the black screen during reboots/resprings? What program did you use to jailbreak?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think he means he used a slider theme and the slider and lockscreen wont change. Winterboard uses a hierarchy so if you have other themes above it in the list they will override the theme you're trying to use. So move it up the list and respring. If you really want to see if they work disable your other tweaks and respring then you'll know it works and you can turn on your other tweaks and try to see what theme is overriding it.

jaredbrooks

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
yes im talking about the slider, and the background of the slider. the theme i have is suppose to do all that. but the slider still wont change nor will the background.
i jailbroke with greenpoisen

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Did you try moving it up the list in Winterboard? disable all other tweaks and themes except the one that is unsuccessful so far? Do you know how to SSH into your phone? If you send me the theme I can look inside it for you.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
no i dont, how do you ssh? and what is it?

You can download a app in Cydia called openssh it's a way to get to the file system on a iPhone or you can download a app called iPhone browser to do the same but with iPhone browser you have to connect your iPhone to the computer with ssh you can connect wireless with the ip address

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
You can download a app in Cydia called openssh it's a way to get to the file system on a iPhone or you can download a app called iPhone browser to do the same but with iPhone browser you have to connect your iPhone to the computer with ssh you can connect wireless with the ip address

if he doesn't know what openssh is i don't think he should be using it, he can brick his phone if he deleted the wrong file.

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
if he doesn't know what openssh is i don't think he should be using it, he can brick his phone if he deleted the wrong file.

Agreed. Do some searching and learn about SSH protocol before messing with system files. If you have any experience with FTP, it is very much the same thing. Make sure you know what you're doing and what files to leave alone before diving in head first. There are a lot of videos on youtube that may help you to further understand SSH. Good Luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2