iTunes Unknown Error (0xE8000022)

penorwood

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Today when trying to sync with iTunes I get the following error: "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000022)". Anyone seen this error before?

I read on another forum that I have to do a restore of the iPhone but that really doesn't make sense since I haven't done anything different with the phone since I connected yesterday.

Thanks in advance!

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I have jailbroken ... I haven't restarted Windows yet (duh) ... will give that a shot. I did do a restart of the iPhone.

Wow...

Well since you're jailbroken, I'd say that plays a part. Restoring and re-jailbreaking should fix it.

p.s. moving this to the jailbreak forum.

ccobb520

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
All of this does not make sense to me. I am getting this message.

"iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xe8000022)"

I have a Mac 10.5.8. My iphone is 3GS, unlocked and jailbroken.

Please help.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
All of this does not make sense to me. I am getting this message.

"iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xe8000022)"

I have a Mac 10.5.8. My iphone is 3GS, unlocked and jailbroken.

Please help.

Have you tried putting it into DFU?

ccobb520

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever get help with the iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000022)" problem. I need help. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Did you ever get help with the iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000022)" problem. I need help. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Tried to help you but you didn't answer the question.

Have you tried putting it into DFU?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Things to try put your phone into DFU mode it's not restore mode it's different the screen will be black. This allows you to restore the firmware without loading the firmware that is already on the phone it's a brute mode install. Is the phone able to boot at all? If it's a 3Gs does it have warranty? do a yahoo search I once worked on a 3Gs that had an error when trying to load firmware it turned out it was an onboard chip and the phone had to be replaced.

ccobb520

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I didn't get back to you.
I have a unlocked iphone 3gs. I was told not to upgrade firmware because it would lock it again. Not sure there is any truth in it. Does DFU mean to upgrade firmware. I am feeling pretty dumb about all this tech stuff.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I have a unlocked iphone 3gs. I was told not to upgrade firmware because it would lock it again. Not sure there is any truth in it. Does DFU mean to upgrade firmware. I am feeling pretty dumb about all this tech stuff.

Please read my FAQ

Snowleopards

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a unlocked iphone 3gs. I was told not to upgrade firmware because it would lock it again. Does DFU mean to upgrade firmware. I am feeling pretty dumb about all this tech stuff.
Do you have factory unlocked or just unlocker(devteam) whatever? DFU means (Device Firmware Update). Interesting, but what version iTunes you have installed?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2