Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I have another question on my first day with my new iphone.

One of my favorite features when I got my first blackberry back in the day was the flashing led light for notifications so I wouldn't have to constantly check my phone for new texts. I was thrilled when Droid took this feature and I had heard iphones had as well but with the led light next to the rear camera.

Is there anyway to make the 4s keep flashing after a message comes in until the messages is read like the bb/droid without having to turn off vibrate?? I don't mind having it on silent since I don't use ringtones anyway I always just like it to vibrate.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
There is some info about this that you can check out. Open your safari browser, then access your bookmarks. In there is is an iPhone user guide. Once you open that, scroll down to accessibility/LED flash for alerts.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
In case you're testing it with your phone on, I think it only works when the phone is locked.

Even then, I thought it only flashed when the initial call/notification happened; I doubt it will continue indefinitely.

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
In case you're testing it with your phone on, I think it only works when the phone is locked.

Even then, I thought it only flashed when the initial call/notification happened; I doubt it will continue indefinitely.

This is the impression I got as well...am looking for a way to replicate the blackberry LED.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Notifications are one of the (few remaining, but) clear advantages of a BlackBerry as a call and message device. Some Android phones (Droid, etc.) also have an LED, but none do it as well as the BB or with as many customization options.

Then again, pop up notifications are something much better done on iOS, and they reveal more information about exactly WHAT you missed. So it's really just a different approach to notifications. I don't think there's any question that iOS was designed more with the thought that people are going to be constantly unlocking and checking their phones anyway.