"iPhone Cannot be Restored" Message While Trying to Update Updating?

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
So. I am a little worried. I need my phone obviously. Anyway. I was attempting to update today and I got the 1013 error. Now my iPhone 4 has never been jailbroken or anything besides pure from Apple. I had issues with my jailbroken 3GS and decided I didn't need a jailbreak. Anyway. I am stuck and it will not restore no matter what I try. Is anyone else experiencing this?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Download firmware and try putting the phone in recovery mode, then using shift+restore method to restore fresh.

spiderman001728

May 8, 2009
Visit site
So. I am a little worried. I need my phone obviously. Anyway. I was attempting to update today and I got the 1013 error. Now my iPhone 4 has never been jailbroken or anything besides pure from Apple. I had issues with my jailbroken 3GS and decided I didn't need a jailbreak. Anyway. I am stuck and it will not restore no matter what I try. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I had the same problem. I had to put it inDFU mode. I had the beta version so I figured that was the reason. Plus there were like millions of people updating all at once at 1pm when I updated.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me as well gave me a fit for well over 2 hours. I finally used a different computer just for the software load and it worked like a charm. Then I restored from my laptop.

mad6c

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
As much as this sounds crazy I got that during the last update, i was using a non-apple USB cable, actually had a lot of syncing problems with it. Since switching it out syncing and updates have been fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77