IPhone 11 random boot loop? What to do now?

madokamagicafan

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
Hello IMore forums! I made a post about this issue earlier, but im back again (this time equipped with an account) to see if I can find a solution to this terrible issue. This morning, I woke up and my iPhone was fine, it was just on the charger. I am a high schooler and my parents buy the phone chargers for everyone in the house, and I no longer have an official lightning cord cable, so the charger was not an official apple accesory, if that means anything. Five to ten minutes later I check back on my phone and its stuck on the apple logo, going back in forth. after some stressful researching I discovered a proper name for the issue; the boot loop. I am very wary of trying to fix this issue as I have a hefty gallery of images that are not backed up in iCloud at least to my knowledge,, I cant check my iCloud either because my apple ID is under two factor authorization, which requires my phone number. When I was at school, I was able to connect my phone to my friend's official lightning cable, where the laptop icon and the apple support link popped up upon force reset; when I got home, me and my friend decided we would check out the issue together. something I noticed is that my phone would only react to the official charger when being force reset, but not the offbrand cord. when we followed the instructions and plugged in the official cord with the phone connected into iTunes (we had to use their icloud account since I cannot access mine, im not sure if that fact changes anything, but.) iTunes could not find a device at all, and the computer seemed to have issues finding it as well, but mostly iTunes wasn't acknowledging anything at all being connected. Im not sure where to go at this point since I have tried everything that I know of. Please , any help and tips would be wonderfully appreciated... I can add more info if needed.:heart:
device = apple iPhone 11, 2 years old
Edit: Another piece of info I felt I should add was that I did a iTunes diagnostic scan and it even said it was having trouble detecting a device, or something along those lines. :concern:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I would suggest you contact Apple Support, and explain your issue. I don't know what you could do, without losing your photos.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I see your doing a calculated trouble shooting of your issue but now would be the right time to stop by an Apple store and they will have a better insight.

I had the boot loop problem on my
iPhone X after about a year in and it turned out to be a faulty logic board or you might be having a lightening port issue. Did you try and use a different cord along with the block you changed??

As for iCloud you can access it thru a PC just go to iCloud.com and put in your ID and Password and if you have a large photo library and only the free storage plan then I’ll assume all your photos are not there

Don’t give up on it

If you have time we would like to know the outcome of your issue so Post Often

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Try a hard reset

1e19bfd83fea348863d796992fb198d0.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I see your doing a calculated trouble shooting of your issue but now would be the right time to stop by an Apple store and they will have a better insight.

I had the boot loop problem on my
iPhone X after about a year in and it turned out to be a faulty logic board or you might be having a lightening port issue. Did you try and use a different cord along with the block you changed??

As for iCloud you can access it thru a PC just go to iCloud.com and put in your ID and Password and if you have a large photo library and only the free storage plan then I’ll assume all your photos are not there

Don’t give up on it

If you have time we would like to know the outcome of your issue so Post Often

This is excellent advice!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711