which will use LESS data?

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Getting my sms messages from GV sent to my email address or using an app like textnow?

i am on the 200 plan, and try to conserve data usage. which would use less data? i have my email set to push also...

thank you

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
First thing set it to manual fetch. Push will use more data. Do you use wifi a lot? You can always track your data by dialing *data#. I use my phone on wifi a lot and have two emails pushing, browsing, facebook, and I'm only at 97MB. I have ten days to go to the end of my cycle. I do have the 2GB plan though. I haven't exceeded the 200 yet but I'm always super close.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
First thing set it to manual fetch. Push will use more data. Do you use wifi a lot? You can always track your data by dialing *data#. I use my phone on wifi a lot and have two emails pushing, browsing, facebook, and I'm only at 97MB. I have ten days to go to the end of my cycle. I do have the 2GB plan though. I haven't exceeded the 200 yet but I'm always super close.

so push will use up alot more data? but if it is set to manual, i will never get my texts instantly? i thought push used less? i dont get alot of emails (12-15 a day maybe) and maybe 25 texts...

i use wifi when i can..home, out and about, friends etc..

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
IMVHO, you will be fine doing what you are trying to do with 200MB plan. Just remember to keep your Video Streaming and Youtubing to WiFi as much as possible. That's what will kill you.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
My advice, drop the ****e data plan, you're bound to go over by 1MB and have to pay $10 more anyway, might as well just get the 2GB IMO, 200MB is a waste, if you're pushing email, or heavy email even on manual, you'll be crunching data! Good luck staying under that cap w/out paying 'cuz you go over....god bless ya, couldn't imagine having an iPhone and not using the 2-3gb i use a month

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
You could always start off with the 200 MB and keep a close eye on it through out the month. If you see yourself using more than you thought, all you have to do is call AT&T and up your plan. You can change you plan in the middle of a month. That way you avoid any overage charges.

Just a suggestion.;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77