iPhone 3GS not turning on after update. Please Help kind iDevice Geniuses

Rissered

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

its my first time posting here and ashamed to admit it im dumb when it comes to iDevices. Pertaining to iPhone. :(

So here's my case, i have an iPhone 3GS prev running iOS 4.1 JB & Unlocked. I tried to update my Phone to iOS 5.1.1 without knowing that you can't do it anymore since there's the iOS 6.
I was creating a custom IPSW via the latest Sn0wbreeze and again since im dumb i ticked the Old Bootrom option without checking which Bootrom i actually have. btw i tried to update cuz almost all of the apps that an iDevice can use doesnt support 4.x anymore. So as i continue i updated my phone to iOS 5.1.1 i didnt get any error code from iTunes but after that my phone is stuck in DFU mode i can't get out of DFU mode and i have tried all of the steps needed. i have a new bootrom 3gs and installed an old bootrom ipsw.

Please help me on this one....

Is there any way for me to restore my Phone into any iOS versions just to make it work again? tinyumbrella doesnt detect my phone anymore...

any comments, suggestions, help will be recognized

Thanks in advance :)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it seems like you pushed your phone into direction that it shouldn't go.
I think the best resolution for you is a full restore as new in iTunes. Then a jailbreak if you still want it, then the factory or hardware based unlock. But don't waste time and energy anymore on software based unlocks!

Rissered

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it seems like you pushed your phone into direction that it shouldn't go.
I think the best resolution for you is a full restore as new in iTunes. Then a jailbreak if you still want it, then the factory or hardware based unlock. But don't waste time and energy anymore on software based unlocks!

i tried to restore using iTunes i downloaded a 4.3.3 and a 6.0.1, the latest iOS update from itunes as well, they all give me an error code 3194 when i try to follow the steps online on how to fix error 3194 i come up with error 1600. i also tried installing iTunes 10 there's a message that says it cannong contact apple server or something. i thought tiny umbrella had something to do with it so i deleted everything it loaded in the hosts file... to no avail :(

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i tried to restore using iTunes i downloaded a 4.3.3 and a 6.0.1, the latest iOS update from itunes as well, they all give me an error code 3194 when i try to follow the steps online on how to fix error 3194 i come up with error 1600. i also tried installing iTunes 10 there's a message that says it cannong contact apple server or something. i thought tiny umbrella had something to do with it so i deleted everything it loaded in the hosts file... to no avail :(

do you have another computer that you have never done any jailbreak stuff on before????
that would be the easiest way to restore your device to stock firmware
i mean there are other optiona available via redsnow, but i dont think anybody can correctly decipher the state of your device and offer meaningful help!
you might have corrupted your baseband so just a rednsow restore might not be good...

as for the 3194 error, its definitely a hosts thing, and almost always happens when tiny umbrella gets involved
i have a computer to this day that cannot connect to itunes, and i am QUITE capable of working ym way around a pc.
sooooo
try another computer with itunes, restore as new.
but even then, your currrent computer may have issues connecting to the itunes store in the future!!

Rissered

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
thanks 3cit. ill try your options. i have an old laptop here that ill try to use. i havent used it in a long time so i think i can do it with this laptop. thanks dude ill let you know what happened.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
thanks 3cit. ill try your options. i have an old laptop here that ill try to use. i havent used it in a long time so i think i can do it with this laptop. thanks dude ill let you know what happened.

Yeah, defiantly let us know what happens. I often work on 3GS's for friends and I'd like to here how you get on.

Rissered

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
i left my phone yesterday, doing a stock restore from iTunes. i just got home and checked. i think there's some good news. i was able to see the battery icon when i plug it in to charge but i can't turn it on yet. ill update you guys later if more good news comes up :) i hope i have finally updated to 6.1.2 and fixed my phone.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The battery icon as in the red one with the lightning bolt? Did you manage to lose the charge completely?

It sounds like you've reached a point you can work with. If you ever get stuck in DFU mode, there's some toys in the "other" portion of redsn0w that can help push you out of DFU mode.

Rissered

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
with that being said natas i think i actually came to a point where it is workable. i think im running 6.1.2 now and im stuck in the activation screen. im planning to use sn0wbreeze 2.9.10 to get past the activation and create a custom ipsw for the jailbreak. the thing is i don't have any idea on how to do a carrier unlock after jailbreak. if i add www.repo666.ultrasn0w.com to my cydia sources will it still work? or is there a new process to do a carrier unlock?

Thanks guys for being helpful :)

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
with that being said natas i think i actually came to a point where it is workable. i think im running 6.1.2 now and im stuck in the activation screen. im planning to use sn0wbreeze 2.9.10 to get past the activation and create a custom ipsw for the jailbreak. the thing is i don't have any idea on how to do a carrier unlock after jailbreak. if i add www.repo666.ultrasn0w.com to my cydia sources will it still work? or is there a new process to do a carrier unlock?

Thanks guys for being helpful :)

Ultrasn0w will work for your carrier unlock, however you must change the baseband to ipad baseband and then use the downgrade baseband option after in redsn0w. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77